2002/M2 ready for O'Fest and Concours Event!!

Post your photos and videos here!
RoyW

2002/M2 ready for O'Fest and Concours Event!!

Post by RoyW »

Well, last Friday I picked the '02/M2 up from VSR, after all the final touch items were completed.... the 3+ year project has finally reached the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel :banana: Mario and his crew and VSR did a fantastic job in the development and restoration of this modified classic... she looks and runs exceptionally well, and is the vision that, with help from others, I evolved along the path.

I spent this entire weekend detailing it for this coming week Concours event at O'Fest (at Watkins Glen). Hope she does well and earns a little hardware ;)

Here's some pictures I took this afternoon after all the detailing (for now anyway) was done. I'll let you all know how she did next week... wish me (and the '02) luck :)

The last picture, for contrast, is from way back in the beginning!!

CSBolger

Post by CSBolger »

That thing is incredible!
Great job!

DaRedRocket

Post by DaRedRocket »

The car is pure sex. Don't be afraid to drop the ride height a couple of threads either ;)

johnnye23

Post by johnnye23 »

Beautiful Roy :banana:

wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Looks like they did an excellent job. Bet that car sounds amazing. Good luck at O'Fest.

1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

johnnye23 wrote:Beautiful Roy :banana:
x100

Brad D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Brad D. »

What a stunning creation. Best of luck with your beauty at O-fest.

LA

cool

Post by LA »

You are a true visionary Roy. You have conceived & executed one of the most elegant restorations I've encountered and from the pics, I would expect it to perform as well as it shows. Thanks for posting & I hope to see it first hand & meet you before long!

Cheers!
LA

Bryan in SB

Post by Bryan in SB »

Roy, the C/F airbox(?) is simply stunning. Not gawdy, but simply beautiful. That and I applaud you on the rear strut tower suspension.

Good luck.

blkbmw

Post by blkbmw »

just beautiful :banana: ................good work :alright:

skylere28

Post by skylere28 »

as well as everyone else, the only thing that comes to mind is just WOW!!

went from straight junk yard status to excellent example!!

m-racer

Post by m-racer »

Roy, Fabulous job. You are in a very difficult class and I respect the effort that requires. I know of one other trailer queen 2002 that is entered in super-clean rather than concours and given that it has never been driven more than a few miles, would have thought it to be in your class as well. Kudos for the great project and the guts it takes to put it out there to be judged. Sorry I won't be there to see it. Win Big! Tim

bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

Very nice, I love the color and interior!

I know this sounds nit picky but at concours won't they take away points from the slightly bent fins on the radiator?

Do you have a front strut tower brace to match the rear?

Good luck

RoyW

Post by RoyW »

bkbimmer wrote:Very nice, I love the color and interior!

I know this sounds nit picky but at concours won't they take away points from the slightly bent fins on the radiator?

Do you have a front strut tower brace to match the rear?

Good luck
Maybe, on those bent fins.... don't really know... never been in the Concours class. We'll see... it will be a learning experience!!

I plan to get a front strut brace... just ran out of time trying to find one that will work with the S14 in there

Thanks.

-Roy

RoyW

Post by RoyW »

m-racer wrote:Roy, Fabulous job. You are in a very difficult class and I respect the effort that requires. I know of one other trailer queen 2002 that is entered in super-clean rather than concours and given that it has never been driven more than a few miles, would have thought it to be in your class as well. Kudos for the great project and the guts it takes to put it out there to be judged. Sorry I won't be there to see it. Win Big! Tim
Thanks Tim ... and everyone else!!

It will be a good experience for me... I'm just sorry there are a couple things that didn't get finished, e.g., brake cooling ducts in front spoiler holes. But, it will get there and if nothing else, I'll fine out what else needs attention at this competition level.

Of course the problem is, I'm going to want to drive it after this event, and it will never be as pristine as it is right now.. so, this could be the one and only Concours class for me and the '02...we'll see :)

Thanks again to everyone for you generous comments.

-RoyW

Jon in Richmond

Post by Jon in Richmond »

Concours Smoncours! Drive the damn thing Roy! It is a car after all. :lol: ;) :laugh:

It is really a beauty Roy. I can't wait to see it one day also.

Good luck at the show!

Jon

JoshInAtlanta

Post by JoshInAtlanta »

Car looks great! I bet it's a blast to drive.

wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Roy, I was just looking over the pictures again and wondered if a Roundel and/or 2002 badge were going to make their way onto the rear panel.

-Chris

bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

wkohler wrote:Roy, I was just looking over the pictures again and wondered if a Roundel and/or 2002 badge were going to make their way onto the rear panel.

-Chris
I would hope not!

m-racer

Post by m-racer »

Jon in Richmond wrote:Concours Smoncours! Drive the damn thing Roy! It is a car after all. :lol: ;) :laugh:

It is really a beauty Roy. I can't wait to see it one day also.

Good luck at the show!

Jon
Only has to stay clean two more days!

Ted in T.O.

Re: 2002/M2 ready for O'Fest and Concours Event!!

Post by Ted in T.O. »

RoyW wrote:Well, last Friday I picked the '02/M2 up from VSR, after all the final touch items were completed.... the 3+ year project has finally reached the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel :banana: Mario and his crew and VSR did a fantastic job in the development and restoration of this modified classic... she looks and runs exceptionally well, and is the vision that, with help from others, I evolved along the path.

I spent this entire weekend detailing it for this coming week Concours event at O'Fest (at Watkins Glen). Hope she does well and earns a little hardware ;)

Here's some pictures I took this afternoon after all the detailing (for now anyway) was done. I'll let you all know how she did next week... wish me (and the '02) luck :)

The last picture, for contrast, is from way back in the beginning!!

You folks will all be in for a treat if and when you ever see Roy's 2002M. :shock: :wow: :shock: :haul: Me. I can't wait till tomorrow when I will see it for the second time in a month. See you folks at Watkins Glen on Wednesday. Any test rides after the judging Roy? ;)

Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

Damn, just damn!!! That thing is more impressive every time I see it!

Ted in T.O.

Post by Ted in T.O. »

Come up to Tedfest next year Shawn and I will try my bestest to get Roy to bring it and the M5! ;)
Last edited by Ted in T.O. on Sep 23, 2008 7:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Ted in T.O.

Re: 2002/M2 ready for O'Fest and Concours Event!!

Post by Ted in T.O. »

RoyW wrote:20OFest/IMG_20461.jpg[/img]
Those are e24 seats in the back of 2002M by the way. :shock:

bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

I have e24 seats in the back of my 02 as well! :)