Where am I going to go now for dealer parts and great price?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
rmiddendorf

Where am I going to go now for dealer parts and great price?

Post by rmiddendorf »

In light of this news the question has been raised...

Where am I going to go now for dealer parts and a great price?

In the back of Roundel there are ads for Circle BMW, Cain BMW, and Hendrick Motors. However, I have never ordered from any of these dealers.

There's also Bavarian Autosport which is where I previously ordered parts before Brian.

Anyone else want to weigh in?
Last edited by rmiddendorf on Jun 08, 2011 12:28 PM, edited 5 times in total.
slammin_e28

Post by slammin_e28 »

ahab

Post by ahab »

Tischer out of MD used to have good pricing too, although it's been a few years and they're now called BMW of Silver Spring....

www.getbmwparts.com
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

This guy sponsors many a vintage event, including The Vintage and TexFest LSB&F, to name a couple.

I recently ordered fuel injection hose to refresh the hoses on the ///M before Vintage and got BMW hose.
If you don't see what you want, send him an email, he can get BMW parts at really good prices.
rmiddendorf

Post by rmiddendorf »

1st 5er wrote:This guy sponsors many a vintage event, including The Vintage and TexFest LSB&F, to name a couple.

I recently ordered fuel injection hose to refresh the hoses on the ///M before Vintage and got BMW hose.
If you don't see what you want, send him an email, he can get BMW parts at really good prices.
I should have included Steve in my original post as well. He had the best price on a fuel pump.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

I've had good luck with Steve at Blunt tech as well.
m-racer

Post by m-racer »

First, thanks to Brian for your service to the community. I think it is short sighted of your management to pass on the business and good will you have built with the enthusiast community, but dealers will be dealers. For me, it will be Bluntech.
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

ECStuning has delivered a few different things to me. They kinda suck because they're in Ohio, and that means I pay sales tax. Every now and then they have an awesome sale, like dirt cheap style 5's.
boastless

Post by boastless »

BMW of Bloomfield has one of those Trademotion sites like Tischer and I've found that their prices a tad bit less than Tischer. I have yet to order from them, so I don't know what their shipping is like.

Here's the BMW of Bloomfield Trademotion site:
http://www.bmwofbloomfieldpartsonline.c ... eid=215185
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Quoted from Steve@BluntTech, with his permission:
Steve@BluntTech.com wrote:If you see something that is too high please email me and I will work with you.
That goes for any part that seems high compared to say Pelican or Autohaus.
Bottom line is I can and will beat Pelican or Autohaus on anything.
This guy wants, and has proven he's willing to work for, your business.
MicahO

Post by MicahO »

I don't think anything can take Brian's place in this community. The pricing has been outstanding, and the will and ability to search for stuff all over the globe is priceless. To have someone digging these parts up and then charge us LESS than we could find anywhere else may have been a perfect storm that we will not find again.
ahab wrote:Tischer out of MD used to have good pricing too, although it's been a few years and they're now called BMW of Silver Spring....

www.getbmwparts.com
I've used Tischer for quite a while on a number of parts. They have a great web site, great pricing (generally second only to Brian's) and Evan and Jason are incredibly responsive. They put together great package maintenance kits for the more current models, with great pricing. Since I had Brian for my e28 addiction, I never had a chance to buy from Tischer for the e28, but I've bought a bunch from them for the e46. Great source.

Over the years, I've had great experiences with bimmerparts.com/Zygmunt. They are always responsive when you need something, and their Bilstein pricing is best-in-class. They are in PA, so UPS ground is next day for me, and that has been priceless at times, and they keep a large enough inventory that most of what I have needed is ready to ship the day I order it.

Turner, Pelican, and BavAuto are great sources, and very responsive to the customer. I've been able to talk to Doug Mahar at Turner directly about issues as small as the construction of ball-joints on replacement ZHP control arms. All three vendors take the time for all of their customers and are very knowledgeable about what they sell.

Then you add in other vendors like BluntTech, AutoHausAZ, ECS, etc - we're really well-served as a community.
klugtrane

Post by klugtrane »

MicahO wrote:I don't think anything can take Brian's place in this community. The pricing has been outstanding, and the will and ability to search for stuff all over the globe is priceless. To have someone digging these parts up and then charge us LESS than we could find anywhere else may have been a perfect storm that we will not find again.
ahab wrote:Tischer out of MD used to have good pricing too, although it's been a few years and they're now called BMW of Silver Spring....

www.getbmwparts.com
I've used Tischer for quite a while on a number of parts. They have a great web site, great pricing (generally second only to Brian's) and Evan and Jason are incredibly responsive. They put together great package maintenance kits for the more current models, with great pricing. Since I had Brian for my e28 addiction, I never had a chance to buy from Tischer for the e28, but I've bought a bunch from them for the e46. Great source.

Then you add in other vendors like BluntTech, AutoHausAZ, ECS, etc - we're really well-served as a community.
I wouldn't have brought this up separately, but the last few orders I've placed with Brian, I would have been money ahead with Tischer (who I've ordered through in the past). I like Brian and he provides great service, but the prices weren't better, except for his specials. Would order from him in an instant though if it happens again.
Frybrid 524td

Post by Frybrid 524td »

I've found Levent's pricing from Guten Parts & Service to be comparable to Brian's MyE28 pricing anytime I asked for a competitive quote. Might be worthwhile to email him.
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Post by mooseheadm5 »

bmwpartssource.com
10% over cost.
Tammer in Philly

Post by Tammer in Philly »

http://www.rdautosport.com (especially for dealer-only parts)
http://www.elephantmotorsports.com (especially for performance parts)
slammin_e28

Post by slammin_e28 »

HmmmI like this thread. :up:
rmiddendorf

Post by rmiddendorf »

slammin_e28 wrote:HmmmI like this thread. :up:
Anyone want to make it a sticky and have it moved over to the parts section? I know there are quite a few of these threads out there but this one seems to have become significantly complete in a short amount of time.

:dunno:

Whatever ya'll deem appropriate.

EDIT: We could change the title to Parts Vendor List. Or just add a link to the other parts thread that's locked.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

I got my source, the local dealer. Nice pricing so I go there when I need BMW-specific parts. Not quite the Brian price but good for most items.
Kpeters

Post by Kpeters »

Hey guys I work for Maximillian and we carry parts for all BMW's original and aftermarket. We can get all the stuff the dealer gets and more I'd be glad to help out.

I just got in the forum so it's a good time to say hi and introduce myself. At home we had an E28 when I was a kid a special H5S :D Hartge E28 sadly it was totaled after we sold it.

Regards,

Konrad.
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Nice of you to chime in. I will say that there have been some people with unhappy experiences with your company, but we are all open minded if efforts are being made to change this.
Frybrid 524td

Post by Frybrid 524td »

Kind of like vultures swooping in.
BDK

Post by BDK »

something I have been able to do is use the internet pricing of many listed here with my local dealership...
they have grown to know that I buy often and try to buy OE when I can,
they give me competitive pricing and there is no shipping...
they come in within a buck or two but when you figure in shipping you are ahead of the game so maybe some of you should try this with your local dealer too...

No offense to anyone here....
Kpeters

Post by Kpeters »

mooseheadm5 wrote:Nice of you to chime in. I will say that there have been some people with unhappy experiences with your company, but we are all open minded if efforts are being made to change this.
Oh well sure let me know what kind of bad experiences you guys have had please so I can address them.
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Might want to start a different thread on that one. I'm sure people would be happy to help you guys with some constructive feedback.
Off topic, but were you at Vintage giving out hats? If so I met you there.
Kpeters

Post by Kpeters »

mooseheadm5 wrote:Might want to start a different thread on that one. I'm sure people would be happy to help you guys with some constructive feedback.
Off topic, but were you at Vintage giving out hats? If so I met you there.
Yeah that was me! Did you had that supercharged E28?