FS: rodpaine's BMW 528e - SALE TERMINATED

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
rodpaine

FS: rodpaine's BMW 528e - SALE TERMINATED

Post by rodpaine »

Can't really swing the financing of a new E28, too much of a tax penalty involved in what I was attempting to do, so I must pass on this. Thanks for everyones interest, I am hoping to try again next year, if a premium E28 M5 is available (especially a Euro) and before I really get too old. So, its back to the 528e and keeping it in shape.

-Rod
Last edited by rodpaine on Mar 24, 2009 12:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Son of a

Post by Son of a »

Good God Rod. Best of luck. IMHO, you don't need a prospective buyer, you need a steward. I really hope that one of two things happens, either you find the right person to continue your work in maintaining a stock, mint example of the e28, or you don't and you decide to keep it yourself.
photopark

Post by photopark »

Wow, that is in amazing condition!
WVe28

Post by WVe28 »

:shock: Wow. I'm shocked. This car is, indeed, a rare bird, being sold after 27 years by the original owner, and in dare I say, better than original condition! I'm sure it'll be difficult for you to lose such a car, Rod. Good luck with the sale!
Coldswede
Location: Back U.P. North,. Where the water's blue, the wind is free and seasons four.

Post by Coldswede »

Rod, This is a bad joke right? :shock:
danno

Rod Paine

Post by danno »

Rod-
Your site is a testament to old school do it right throwback E28 maintenance. It's been a great resource for various tasks. Thank you for all your documentation.
What'll you be driving next?
Dan
rodpaine

Post by rodpaine »

To: Son of a, photopark, WVe28, Coldswede, danno and other E28 owners here.
Thanks for the inputs and praise for my 528e and the web site, it has been a stewardship which I hope someone else will continue... if not both, then certainly the car. I am looking at taking on a new stewardship, so I have to make room and time for another E28. Not enough room for two of them, otherwise I would never offer my 528e for sale.

I'll post some more info after I've had a chance to look at the new E28 and both the seller and I are happy about a deal and I will be moving forward with my purchase. All I can say right now is I am very excited about the possibility of owning this E28 and hope that it also results in my 528e going to a very good home.

Thanks and more later,
-Rod
RonP

Post by RonP »

Rod,

You should maybe consider a wash or a detail before you post pictures of your car for sale! :laugh: :banana:

Good luck with the sale, someone is going to be an extremely happy with that car of yours!
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

So is your EZ Car Lift part of the deal? ;)
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

Damn, this is a shock. I don't know how to feel about it. :?
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Rod,
You're site has helped me so many times, in so many ways.
I'd found and used it numerous times before linking up with MyE28.com. Actually it was your site that lead me here.
I just can't see someone else following in your footsteps in regards to both website and car.
So, what'll it take, how much $$$ to get you throw this idea out the window? ;)
Jon in Richmond

Post by Jon in Richmond »

Rod,

Never thought I'd see the day. Good luck though, there is not a better kept 528 on the planet.

Oh, and two words for you:

Barrett-Jackson
ldsbeaker

Post by ldsbeaker »

wowza. You're the guy! Don't do this!
RonP

Post by RonP »

I have known Rod for quite some time and he knows the "rules of the jungle"...." never let go of something good unless you have something better to replace it".
stevgtguy

Post by stevgtguy »

RonP wrote:I have known Rod for quite some time and he knows the "rules of the jungle"...." never let go of something good unless you have something better to replace it".
So I wonder what kind of all original 535, M5, or Alpina e28 Rod has managed to find. I do feel like this is the end of an era (myself being a 2-time 528e super eta owner) but at the same time I am excited to see what Rod has uncovered....

:popcorn:
rlomba8204

Post by rlomba8204 »

There are a couple of rare, exceptional cars for sale right now that I know of through the forum. My bet is that he is looking at one of them.
L_N_Love

Post by L_N_Love »

rlomba8204 wrote:There are a couple of rare, exceptional cars for sale right now that I know of through the forum. My bet is that he is looking at one of them.

I have been thinking the same. A certain Euro M5 would take the edge off selling that special 528e ;)
Coldswede
Location: Back U.P. North,. Where the water's blue, the wind is free and seasons four.

Post by Coldswede »

Can't really swing the financing of a new E28, too much of a tax penalty involved in what I was attempting to do, so I must pass on this. Thanks for everyones interest, I am hoping to try again next year, if a premium E28 M5 is available (especially a Euro) and before I really get too old. So, its back to the 528e and keeping it in shape.
While I'm sorry your not getting the new ride. I'm more than happy to see you keeping your present one :banana: :clap: :up:
stevgtguy

Post by stevgtguy »

Coldswede wrote:
While I'm sorry your not getting the new ride. I'm more than happy to see you keeping your present one :banana: :clap: :up:
Same here! :banana: :alright: Of course, I will be rocking my 528e forever so I am kind of biased. ;)
johnnye23

Post by johnnye23 »

Dang sorry to hear things didn't work out Rod. But we old timers know everything happens for a reason. ;)
E12driver

Post by E12driver »

Government needs that tax money, Rod! Find more funds and get back in the deal, you can't continuing driving that 528e forever. Beside, I want it and you promised me first crack at it years ago. How could you forget? But seriously, I am sorry you couldn't pull it off, but I am relieved the 528e stays with you. It'll always be 'Rod's' car, no matter where it lives. But I'd prefer my garage, someday.
Carl
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

AIG fallout?
rodpaine

Post by rodpaine »

swatterssr wrote:AIG fallout?
Nope, just simply underestimated what an IRA money move was going to cost in additional taxes. Should have moved it as my Uncle suggested several years ago, in small $10-$12k chunks per year, not a big chunk as I was attempting last week. I've only got another year then I am forced to take money out at 70-1/2, even if I don't need it. Great system. :cry: But, we'll see what is available next year.
-Rod
fred fornataro

Re: FS: rodpaine's BMW 528e - SALE TERMINATED

Post by fred fornataro »

Rod,
Although new to this site I have long been a great E28 fan. I had an 88' 528e which was also mint. sold it to a gal that kept it up until the past few years. if i had known she was going to sell it i would have jumped on it. instead, i purchased an 85' 528e ebay project car......it has been a long road to get it back on its feet, but getting better with age! hopefully, i will post pics someday. your car is beautiful and an inspiration to all us restorers - although yours is original! i guess the lesson here is that if we wait long enough the right car/buyer will come along. maybe, just maybe.....someday.
fred fornataro
butler, pa
go4carter

Post by go4carter »

I love every little thing about your car, and garage.