Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread. Post your experiences here.

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
1st 5er

Re: Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread. Post your experiences here.

Post by 1st 5er »

:wave:
gaben wrote: Dec 08, 2022 10:13 AM
1st 5er wrote: Dec 06, 2022 10:15 PM
habiyar wrote: Dec 06, 2022 9:05 PM Bad experience buying from Blackhella. Bought the led headlights, euro turn signals + fog lights and hood hinges from his garage sale post in October. He said he would ship it that weekend but never did and stopped communication right after sending him the money.

Never received a follow up or reply when I asked when he would ship. I disputed the transaction through Paypal and escalated it when I saw he deleted his original sales post which I thought was suspicious. I have received my refund from Paypal and I will not be doing business with him again.
Saw this after I dropped out of his current FS thread.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=159403
I’m a little new here but I would assume there is a first come first serve etiquette to transactions. 1st 5er, you had PMed blackhella about lot item #6. I had PMed him as well in the chance that you decided not to purchase it. After you had backed out, I did not receive any word other than the main thread stating it was sold. Being second in line, I thought I would be reached out to. He even confirmed my original PM waiting for a response from the first buyer, I assumed was yourself. What a shame.
For the sake of the buyers,🤞 things go better this time.
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

Back to back purchases with BONSAIBACKER, as easy as it gets! Fast shipping and great communication. Thanks Eric!
astupidname

Post by astupidname »

Just bought a set of taillights from alpinass.... AND BOY ARE THEY GOOD.
My guy packaged them amazingly, felt like christmas unwrapping them, and they're in perfect shape... chrome is incredible for a set of lights from the 80s. As well as no cracks in the lenses. I'm excited to get these bad boys on the car!
Thanks again Paul!! :) My e28 and I appreciate you!
Golfstrup

Post by Golfstrup »

Can anyone tell me if member Art Johnson from eastern Penn is still on this board. If like to get in touch with him. Thanks.
chewwyyetti

Post by chewwyyetti »

Bought a 535is from LAsam. Very accommodating seller! Would not hesitate to buy from again.
proto17

Post by proto17 »

Sold all of my e28 parts as a lot to a sunroofguy (goes by Pete). We agreed on something like $1,000-$1,500 (it's been several months) total. He shows up the day of with a truck and car hauler (the car was free) and asks to instead pay $500 now and the rest when he comes back for the second trip (would be the following month as that's when he would get paid). He was taking the parts to a warehouse in VA. Annoyed, I agreed as I believed him, and I wanted the parts gone. He loaded up all of the good stuff (including my M5 diff and transmission) and took off. He did return my racing seat the next day which I had asked him to do. I waited the month he asked for, then started calling him. No replies. So, now I'm out at least $500, all of my large plastic bins (didn't realize how expensive those were O.o), and several parts that I needed to get rid of yet again.

TL;DR: If you deal with sunroofguy, get all of your money up front. Homie might just leave you behind.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

proto17 wrote: Feb 12, 2023 4:05 PM Sold all of my e28 parts as a lot to a sunroofguy (goes by Pete). We agreed on something like $1,000-$1,500 (it's been several months) total. He shows up the day of with a truck and car hauler (the car was free) and asks to instead pay $500 now and the rest when he comes back for the second trip (would be the following month as that's when he would get paid). He was taking the parts to a warehouse in VA. Annoyed, I agreed as I believed him, and I wanted the parts gone. He loaded up all of the good stuff (including my M5 diff and transmission) and took off. He did return my racing seat the next day which I had asked him to do. I waited the month he asked for, then started calling him. No replies. So, now I'm out at least $500, all of my large plastic bins (didn't realize how expensive those were O.o), and several parts that I needed to get rid of yet again.

TL;DR: If you deal with sunroofguy, get all of your money up front. Homie might just leave you behind.
That's unfortunate. Too bad there's still sketchy people out there...
Sparkeysf

Post by Sparkeysf »

az533 wrote: Jul 17, 2021 11:07 AM @dogabon sold me NOS hood grills and they're perfect
@dogabon is an awesome seller. I've purchased NOS headlights, hood grills, turn signals, and Recaro seat mounting brackets from him. Perfect transactions.
dogabon

Post by dogabon »

Thank you so much!
Sparkeysf wrote: Mar 05, 2023 6:47 AM
az533 wrote: Jul 17, 2021 11:07 AM @dogabon sold me NOS hood grills and they're perfect
@dogabon is an awesome seller. I've purchased NOS headlights, hood grills, turn signals, and Recaro seat mounting brackets from him. Perfect transactions.
TurboE28

Post by TurboE28 »

Fast and friendly transaction with G5SP. Part is in excellent condition, wrapped with care.

Thank you!
test5

Post by test5 »

It took a while but finally got a response and a tracking number from Mario L.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=159690
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Grateful for this forum and the standards it holds. Frustrated with other marketplaces. It is good to have a place where integrity is valued.

KOJO96- Solid buyer. Thank you!

Rayinpheonix- Great seller. Thank you!
dogabon

Post by dogabon »

I want to say thanks to CARLOS ORTIZ from this forum, after one month crossing emails about a set of headlights, solving all questions, details... with 14emails received and 20 emails sent... he has dissapear like a ghost. No more answer, not a second to say that finally he don't want the parts.
RESPECT to all! That's not the correct way!
gaben

Post by gaben »

Wanted to give a good review for the following:
u/Boneyard Dynamics
u/tschultz

Both were very responsive given timezone differences and shipped all items immediately after payment. They were very helpful post-sales as well answering questions. Delivery was quick, albeit Boneyard Dynamics is out of Germany and I am in the States (custom had it for a while). Otherwise, great sellers and would purchase again. Items were in great shape too!
Comfyboyz

Post by Comfyboyz »

Purchased a momo coarse splined steering wheel hub as well as a radio trim piece from BonsaiBacker, Eric is a great dude and I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with him again. Very honest and responds in a timely manner. Thanks again man!
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Comfyboyz wrote: Jul 11, 2023 2:03 PM Purchased a momo coarse splined steering wheel hub as well as a radio trim piece from BonsaiBacker, Eric is a great dude and I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with him again. Very honest and responds in a timely manner. Thanks again man!
Thank you George. Was a mutually pleasant transaction.
turbodan

Post by turbodan »

Comfyboyz wrote: Jul 11, 2023 2:03 PM Purchased a momo coarse splined steering wheel hub as well as a radio trim piece from BonsaiBacker, Eric is a great dude and I wouldn’t hesitate to do business with him again. Very honest and responds in a timely manner. Thanks again man!
I bought an engine from the guy. It's running great. The care and effort that went into properly securing and protecting the engine during shipping was above and beyond.

No problems at all, he's a solid dude.
TurboE28

Post by TurboE28 »

Excellent transaction with Bonsaibacker. Good detailed pictures, safe packaging, faaaaasssst shipping.

Thank you!
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

TurboE28 wrote: Sep 29, 2023 9:43 AM Excellent transaction with Bonsaibacker. Good detailed pictures, safe packaging, faaaaasssst shipping.

Thank you!
Thank you Steve. Solid forum member and the type we all like to do business with.
gwb72tii

Post by gwb72tii »

short note re reyno, aka Deer Wheels, on my re-wrapped Mtech1 steering wheel.
First rate craftsmanship, kept me informed along the way, efficient shipping.
I'm a happy customer!
harrypalmer

Post by harrypalmer »

Outstanding and long overdue praise to thebee, not only for the great communication, but carefully wrapped E28 Sport Seat Rails in almost pristine condition. What a great find, and so happy to have met them via PM, and discovering their shop. Thank you!
saruma

Post by saruma »

very easy and fast purchase from Mike in Seattle. fogs came very protected and packaged very well, and only over a weekend too. would buy from again! thanks man
Machtig

Post by Machtig »

Purchased a set of front strut housings from Mike in Seattle, shipped quick, good comms, arrived as described; great seller. Look forward to doing business with him again. Thanks Mike!
harrypalmer

Post by harrypalmer »

Just got the parts I PM inquired from andrewb5678 and they arrived in great shape when he said they would.
Thank you Andrew, am very pleased with this transaction. Will buy from you in the future and good luck to you.
az533

Post by az533 »

Sold some parts to gwb72tii. Smooth transaction, pleasant experience, thanks!