Not Affiliated - E28 M5 Craigslist Car - $48,900

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
bmrdvr

Not Affiliated - E28 M5 Craigslist Car - $48,900

Post by bmrdvr »

Hello,

First post, lurked for many years. I don't have an E28 but have various other models. Anyway, I'm not affiliated with this M5 (below) but I'm curious what people think of this thing or if anyone knows the car (I just grabbed the link from LA but it seems to be all over Craigslist):

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/c ... 19165.html

The VIN is WBSDC9303J2791888 - seller states the car has 133K on it, seems to have had an owner or two. To me the interior looks pretty suspect - that leather looks awfully clean to be original... I'm not in the market for an E28 M5 (someone could twist my arm) but this one caught my eye as I was doing my usual CL searches looking for various other BMW-related items.

As an FYI, it looks like it was also on eBay as well at one point:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295274612275
Etip

Re: Not Affiliated - E28 M5 Craigslist Car - $48,900

Post by Etip »

The thing that's suspect is that the seller said the door vin "probably fell off".
I've never seen one of the body VIN fall off.
Was probably hit with a replacement door.
Spen

Post by Spen »

The ad seems pretty legit to me. I'd talk to the selling dealer and the original owner. Not to be contrary but the door vin sticker situation doesn't seem so far fetched to me. Look at the bolts for the door- they certainly should show some tooling marks. Etc the door shim stacks for door alignment etc.

The driver B pillar broken was funny to have photographed ;) not a big deal
bmrdvr

Post by bmrdvr »

Thanks for the replies. Was just curious. I really do like the car but something like this isn't a priority for me. I remember driving one of these in 2013 or so - not quite as nice and I remember the seller was having trouble selling it at 8500 bucks... How times have changed on these.