Help mounting an extra db9 to MS

Discussion pertaining to positive pressure E28s.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Help mounting an extra db9 to MS

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

I need to mound an additional db9 connector to my MS box in order to have a way of getting the 2 signals for my 2nd & 3rd coils to the motronic adapter harness. For those of you running WS, what process did you use to cut another opening in your MS box to mount this? I'll also be using this to provide a relay signal to an electric fan. Pics would be great.

thanks!
iamcreepingdeath

Re: Help mounting an extra db9 to MS

Post by iamcreepingdeath »

I'm gonna bump this thread from 12 years ago instead of starting a new one. I too am considering adding another DB9 to my MS2 for wasted spark. The end plate of the MS2 box has two DB37 connector holes, surely someone makes an adapter plate that bolts to a DB37 connector hole and has a DB9 mounting hole within it. I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search.
iamcreepingdeath

Post by iamcreepingdeath »

Since this forum is so dead, I'll make another post here.

One of the reps at diyautotune suggested I cut a hole myself in the side of the case, which would work just fine, but would be hard to cut a hole that looks clean and correct without a CNC mill, which I think most of us may not have immediate access to.

I ended up running my spark outputs through two spare pins in the DB37 connector (and one original pin meant for single spark output for three pins total), but it requires jumper wires running directly to the connector. That should work.
marc79euro645

Post by marc79euro645 »

Glad to hear you figured it out. This forum has slowed. Old turbo m30s with MS. It's getting lonely. Good luck with it! Keep posting.