B35 crank sensor(VR) install….help?!?

Discussion pertaining to positive pressure E28s.
5timesturbo

B35 crank sensor(VR) install….help?!?

Post by 5timesturbo »

So I have a b34m30 engine and harness. I was giving the b35 crank sensor pick up with the b35 dampner pulley with 60-2 tooth wheel on it. My problem is….I’m out understanding the instructions on how to connect the sensor to my harness. The sensor has a three prong plug but the b34 harness has the sensor going directly into the diagnostic port rear. How do I connect the new sensor to the b34 harness? Please help.
marc79euro645

Re: B35 crank sensor(VR) install….help?!?

Post by marc79euro645 »

You are using MS right? If so, I recommend running a new shielded pair of wires from sensor plug to the MS. The third wire is the grounded shield. the other two will work better one way, than the other. Crimp some female spade connectors on and try it different ways to see what works best. Then adjust pots as needed. Good luck ! I haven't been able to get good results with my attempt to use 60-2. I tried the 10k resistor inline and have played with the pots. I originally set vr sensor @ 0.030" I was not getting a pulse, so, I moved sensor in closer 0.022" iirc to get a better signal. I may try moving it out further to 0.026" to see if that helps.
5timesturbo

Re: B35 crank sensor(VR) install….help?!?

Post by 5timesturbo »

Thanks for the advice. I’m in the middle of putting together the system now. I’ll let you know what I do