Please Help Do or Die Warm Issue or ending up on BaT: Part 2

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
harrypalmer

Please Help Do or Die Warm Issue or ending up on BaT: Part 2

Post by harrypalmer »

Discarded cooling as the culprit in previous post, https://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=156383 so moving onto the fuel system.

Looking to install an old new-to-me factory fuel cooler hoping it will alleviate vapor lock prone condition. Can anyone please advice how these two separate lines are redirected to their respective rubber hoses? Thanks in advance.

"Borrowed" pic from this post https://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... r&start=50
Blue Shadow

Re: Please Help Do or Die Warm Issue or ending up on BaT: Part 2

Post by Blue Shadow »

Those are connected into the fuel return line going to the tank. Although it probably doesn't matter as I don't believe there is a check valve in the firewall or cooler section on the a/c line, the one closest to the outside of the car would send the fuel back to the tank and the other side would be fed from the fuel rail pressure regulator.
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Jun 12, 2021 6:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.
harrypalmer

Post by harrypalmer »

Hi Blue Shadow,

Sorry, I meant to ask a better question. Knowing that one fuel line from underneath the car is dedicated to feed the Fuel Rail; in your opinion, would you say if these two fuel pipes (that are part of the fuel cooler system) peeking from behind the firewall and into the engine bay, are correctly interpreted? Or would I need to re route them. Thanks

Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

I think what you show is correct. Makes sense based on location of the nipples and the associated fuel lines.
harrypalmer

Post by harrypalmer »

Hi, Blue Shadow,

Truly appreciate your advice. I've never seen pictures from where these two pipes lead to but as you say, it doesn't matter. I'm satisfied with your response and thank you!