Woo Hoo, I just got shot! 11-9, Update, Booster!

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
Mike W.

Woo Hoo, I just got shot! 11-9, Update, Booster!

Post by Mike W. »

The Covid 19 vaccine, what did you think I meant? First dose of the Moderna, next in 28 days. A step back towards normalcy, thankfully, I've been going nuts waiting. And waiting. And waiting... Now in just another 6 weeks I can really start doing things again. :banana:
Last edited by Mike W. on Nov 09, 2021 9:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Adam W in MN

Re: Woo Hoo, I just got shot!

Post by Adam W in MN »

I got my second, Pfizer, about 2 weeks ago. Felt ok that day but the next day I was achy and out of it. Went to bed at 8pm and woke up normal again.

So 1 day feeling like mild crap wasn't the worst thing or inconvenient. I have heard of one person (family member of a neighbor) who went to the hospital after the 2nd vaccine and spent over a week there.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

Had my first shot yesterday. My shoulder was sore last night, but no big deal.

My sister got Covid a couple weeks ago and had to spend five days in the hospital, thankfully she's home and recovering now.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

My wife got her second Moderna shot on Saturday so she could take Sunday off. Good thing! She's quite petite and it knocked her out, raised her temperature 5º, and gave her such a headache she eventually took Advil and Tylenol. One-day later and she's back to normal.

I get my second Moderna a week from Friday. At least I know what to expect. Might have to take Saturday off, but I'll be ready for The Vintage!
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Mike W. wrote: Mar 02, 2021 3:54 PM Now in just another 6 weeks I can really start doing things again. :banana:
No you cant, you can still be a carrier. You need to wait until everyone else has been vaccinated and they are safe.
Dale3783

Post by Dale3783 »

JohnH wrote: Mar 02, 2021 10:12 PM
Mike W. wrote: Mar 02, 2021 3:54 PM Now in just another 6 weeks I can really start doing things again. :banana:
No you cant, you can still be a carrier. You need to wait until everyone else has been vaccinated and they are safe.
That isn't true. I read a study about it yesterday. You shed no virus after the second shot
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Mild side effects. Shortly, but not right away yesterday I got a slight fever and mild body aches. Lasted about 2 hours. My arm is still sore though, but no big deal.

BMW content. While we're sitting there doing the 15 minute wait in the wife's E39 touring, what is directed into the space next to us but another E39 touring. Both silver. Assuming it's from in town, since the clinic is supposed to be for here, 8K population and a nearby town of a whopping 1500 or so, that makes at least 3 silver and one white E39 touring in town. Still, what are the odds.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Odds are a lot better than getting a shot in PA. Penn Medicine hospital in town gave shots to family members instead of folks on the list.

PA is the shits for the viccinations. Bottom 5 for percentage of delivered vaccine actually in an arm.

Just waiting.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

Mike W. wrote: Mar 03, 2021 10:43 PMBMW content. While we're sitting there doing the 15 minute wait in the wife's E39 touring, what is directed into the space next to us but another E39 touring. Both silver. Assuming it's from in town, since the clinic is supposed to be for here, 8K population and a nearby town of a whopping 1500 or so, that makes at least 3 silver and one white E39 touring in town. Still, what are the odds.
Can't really make a guess, since you location is so vague in your signature?

According to what you list, we're all in the same location. ;)
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

BMWCCA2 wrote: Mar 04, 2021 7:49 AM
Mike W. wrote: Mar 03, 2021 10:43 PMBMW content. While we're sitting there doing the 15 minute wait in the wife's E39 touring, what is directed into the space next to us but another E39 touring. Both silver. Assuming it's from in town, since the clinic is supposed to be for here, 8K population and a nearby town of a whopping 1500 or so, that makes at least 3 silver and one white E39 touring in town. Still, what are the odds.
Can't really make a guess, since you location is so vague in your signature?

According to what you list, we're all in the same location. ;)
I mix it up some to try to keep it a little interesting, but by now I thought everyone knew I was at least in Northern Calif. Cloverdale, the very far north end of the most expansive definition of the SF bay area. Still, a little town of 8K.
John in VA

Post by John in VA »

Got my 2nd dose of Moderna 2+ weeks ago. Be sure to get & stay well-hydrated before/after vaccine (water, green tea). Took 2 Tylenol with lunch after the shot, 2 more that evening, went to bed early that night. Had to work the following day - felt ~25% low energy but no fever, chills, headache, etc. Back to normal the following day except the sore arm.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

I got my second (Pfizer) last Friday. Felt achy all day Saturday and the first part of Sunday, but all better now. Looking forward to some normalcy, especially with our daughter. She & her hubby are both super paranoid about the whole thing, so hopefully we can resume regular visits with them sans masks, distancing, and having meals in their garage. I miss my grandson.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Finding out that the 4 high population counties around Phila county have not been getting their share of vaccine from the state. I guess it is more important to vaccinate the low population densities in the middle of the state then these suburban counties...as I sit and wait.

I will say that grocery shopping at 7-8:30pm is very uncrowded.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Blue Shadow wrote: Mar 06, 2021 10:09 AM Finding out that the 4 high population counties around Phila county have not been getting their share of vaccine from the state. I guess it is more important to vaccinate the low population densities in the middle of the state then these suburban counties...as I sit and wait.
We've got kind of the same thing going on. Here Vaccine is distributed by the state to counties on the basis of population, more or less evenly, but my county has twice the senior population over 75 so everyone else gets it later.
I will say that grocery shopping at 7-8:30pm is very uncrowded.
I've been doing the same, but slightly later.
a

Post by a »

Got mine yesterday at a CVS store about 40 miles away. Wife got hers at a CVS in Brockton, a 25 mile trip. My early rising sister, the organized one, has gotten all her family members and many of her friends, shot appointments. CVS gets vaccine from the Feds. Feds gives the state only 15K shots a week, put 'em out on Thursdays 8am and by 8:30 they were gone. Giving the vaccine to pharmacy chains seems to be working better than the mass vaccination sites. After all, The chain pharmacies have established distributions networks and most have nurses already giving flu shots etc. The stadium sites are set up to handle many more people, but are overkill for the trickle of vaccine that the state is getting. It looks like Biden's gonna reach his goal of 100million shots in 100 days. Even after I get my 2nd shot, I'm gonna still wear a mask in high density areas.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

C'mon, sheeple, who needs masks and vaccinations?! Live free or die! Nobody is gonna tell me how to live!!! Der took er jerbs!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Aw, just kidding. Got my first shot of Moderna a week and a half ago. Felt great that day. Was incapacitated the next day all day. Getting my next one in a couple weeks. Everything was really well run and organized. I truly wish this whole vaccination thing had not been allowed to turn into a political thing. We live in deeply disturbing times. Wear a mask!

[Update: 25 Feb 2021
I got my 2nd Moderna shot this afternoon. In fact, the jabber was a client of mine!! In such a huge city, it's crazy the way coincidences like this happen so often.

I feel good so far. Hope I fair better than last time. Get the shot!! There's plenty out there!! No need to feel guilty or anything!
Last edited by garageboy on Mar 25, 2021 11:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.
gadget73

Post by gadget73 »

Got my appointment in 2 weeks. Scheduled it for a Friday so I can use a vacation day and get a 3 day weekend out of it. I'm maxed out on vacation anyway so may as well use it
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

I talked with a friend who is too young to be eligible yet, but he found out about a pharmacy that is giving shots and keeps a list of people to call if they have extras at the end of the day that would have to be destroyed if not used. He got a call last week; "Can you be here in 20 minutes?"

He was there in 10.

His name is back on the list for the second shot, and they'll call again in a couple weeks when an opportunity comes up. Sounds like a great way to maximize distribution.
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

davintosh wrote: Mar 14, 2021 11:41 AM I talked with a friend who is too young to be eligible yet, but he found out about a pharmacy that is giving shots and keeps a list of people to call if they have extras at the end of the day that would have to be destroyed if not used.
That's what I did. I'm 64 so I'm not yet on the eligibility list or my state, but my cousin told me the clinic where she got her shot had a waiting list for unused extra vaccinations. I called them at 9am to get my name on the list and they called back at 11:30 to say they had one available if I could get there right away.

There was a news story here about a woman who is running a Facebook group that's basically a clearinghouse; people pass on information about clinics and pharmacies that have extra vaccinations that would otherwise be wasted. I imagine there are probably similar groups around the country, so it would be worth checking out for those who are still waiting.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

davintosh wrote: Mar 14, 2021 11:41 AM I talked with a friend who is too young to be eligible yet, but he found out about a pharmacy that is giving shots and keeps a list of people to call if they have extras at the end of the day that would have to be destroyed if not used. He got a call last week; "Can you be here in 20 minutes?"

He was there in 10.

His name is back on the list for the second shot, and they'll call again in a couple weeks when an opportunity comes up. Sounds like a great way to maximize distribution.
I'd thought about trying something like that as everything looked like a dead end, when one very local opportunity came up, so I jumped on it and had my wife and I set up in a couple of minutes.

But then before I could book a second dose, that platform went away. But a neighbor had gone there, at our urging, 2 days later and they hand her a slip of paper with a very specific web address on it that she used to make here second appt. Using that link I was then able to make our appts. There may or may not be an interesting backstory here, but I'll spare you guys the tale as it's just conjecture.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Well finally have an appointment in a week to get my 1st jab with a needle.
Tammer in Philly

Post by Tammer in Philly »

^^^ How'd it go?
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Tammer in Philly wrote: Mar 25, 2021 11:47 PM ^^^ How'd it go?
Tammer, you're back! Haven't seen you here in ages.
garageboy

Post by garageboy »

Mike W. wrote: Mar 25, 2021 11:52 PM
Tammer in Philly wrote: Mar 25, 2021 11:47 PM ^^^ How'd it go?
Tammer, you're back! Haven't seen you here in ages.
He's been two-timin' on Facebook. #exposed :D
Kenny Blankenship

Post by Kenny Blankenship »

Just happened to get onto a website for a clinic and got a same day appointment! Went very smoothly... :banana: