USPS Priority Box Exchange 2020 ?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
south26

Re: USPS Priority Box Exchange 2020 ?

Post by south26 »

Sorry, with work this week I never got out of school to get the package to the post office before USPS closed for the day. The joys of teaching with covid. My package is going out tomorrow morning.

Andy
Cactus

Post by Cactus »

Mine came in last night. I think I've been outclassed on the postage amount alone.
funfunfer

Post by funfunfer »

Looks like we're in good shape given the constrains and difficulties of 2020. I know several of the items I ordered as Christmas gifts will not arrive on time. Not a crisis by any stretch of the imagination.

Merry Christmas to all!
Dale3783

Post by Dale3783 »

Got mine today! Can't wait to open it. After doing this the last several years, even my wife is excited! (which means I broke her :? )
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Received mine last week and am chomping at the bit to open as there is a rachet extension hanging out the side!!!

:banana:
Gary Collins

Post by Gary Collins »

Got my box yesterday ....!!!
Enjoy all -
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

Santa is MIA. :(
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

I hope most if not all of you got your boxes on time. On Dec. 12th I sent a USPS Priority Mail package from CA to my mom in IL and it's still traveling. Looks like it went to Chicago where it sat for awhile, then went to Greensboro, NC. As of yesterday at 12:30 AM it was "on its way to its final destination." :roll:
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

Concerned that not everyone has received theirs but I have to share what was in my box.

1/2" socket speeder drive
Brake lines
License plate frame
LED fog lights
E28 T shirt
Knee bolster switch
Drive gasket
Sanden brackets!
1/4" socket set
Roundel

Thank you Santa!
Dale3783

Post by Dale3783 »

Nice box!!

Bonsaibacker wrote: Dec 25, 2020 12:44 PM Concerned that not everyone has received theirs but I have to share what was in my box.

1/2" socket speeder drive
Brake lines
License plate frame
LED fog lights
E28 T shirt
Knee bolster switch
Drive gasket
Sanden brackets!
1/4" socket set
Roundel

Thank you Santa!
funfunfer

Post by funfunfer »

Santa arrived just in time to keep the space under the tree from being completely stripped of presents after the Grandkids' loot was delivered.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/prpPLkesSk2kBxPZA

What a wonderful adventure opening my box on Christmas morning.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qPjh6BzHinqNzKjPA
Historical artifacts from around the world: License plates, foreign bills, hockey puck (we don't have these in Houston), rock, KLM glass, medical supplies (syringe, sterile gloves, poop bags, and more.
Relics from the early days of computers: PS2 mouse!, USB mouse, IP camera (can hook this up to Raspberry Pi), magnets from a hard drive (yep, I managed to pinch my finger), smartphone cover, forehead light, Bart Simpson digital watch!.
BMW swag: ID, ///M pedal cover, event pas ('cause what BMW CCA member doesn't need another lanyard!), key fob, 6-speed pocket shifter.

Thanks to Santa for triggering some great memories and to everyone who played along this year.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

funfunfer wrote: Dec 25, 2020 2:18 PM Santa arrived just in time to keep the space under the tree from being completely stripped of presents after the Grandkids' loot was delivered.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/prpPLkesSk2kBxPZA

What a wonderful adventure opening my box on Christmas morning.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qPjh6BzHinqNzKjPA
Historical artifacts from around the world: License plates, foreign bills, hockey puck (we don't have these in Houston), rock, KLM glass, medical supplies (syringe, sterile gloves, poop bags, and more.
Relics from the early days of computers: PS2 mouse!, USB mouse, IP camera (can hook this up to Raspberry Pi), magnets from a hard drive (yep, I managed to pinch my finger), smartphone cover, forehead light, Bart Simpson digital watch!.
BMW swag: ID, ///M pedal cover, event pas ('cause what BMW CCA member doesn't need another lanyard!), key fob, 6-speed pocket shifter.

Thanks to Santa for triggering some great memories and to everyone who played along this year.
Some of that stuff looks awfully familiar; somebody’s been re-gifting! :laugh:
funfunfer

Post by funfunfer »

I think that re-gifting in the age of Covid-19 is a practical solution (that I may have taken advantage of myself.)
This way the items can move around until they find their true natural home!
Gary Collins

Post by Gary Collins »

My box included many things ...
5er West Shirt, Liqui Moly hat, micro cloths, leather protection, water bottle, various toys, stickers, and more
Enjoy all -
Dale3783

Post by Dale3783 »

[/quote]
[/quote]

I always do! This time felt extra special because I was able to keep a lot of the funny stuff together while we moved from CT to Miami. I try to keep a lot of the same stuff moving around together every year we do this.
Dale3783

Post by Dale3783 »

I always do! This time felt extra special because I was able to keep a lot of the funny stuff together while we moved from CT to Miami. I try to keep a lot of the same stuff moving around together every year we do this.
BillW in StL

Post by BillW in StL »

Got mine on the 27th but wanted to wait to open it with my son who lives nearby. He is not feeling well, so I am going to open it without him tomorrow.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

My box finally showed up on Sunday(?) afternoon; I think 2020 has been especially tough on the USPS.

Many thanks to Andy South for all the goodies he sent!

The tastiest parts were the peach jam and the fudge! Unfortunately, a peanut allergy kept the fudge at arms length from me, but my family tells me it was awesome!

I've put the Ms. PacMan game to use; it's exactly as I remember the arcade game, but strangely it seems way more frustrating than I remember it from the days when I paid a quarter a game to play!

Got a few e28 parts that'll surely be put to use, especially the fuel pump relay and the brake pad sensors. There's a pair of what looks like rear sway bar links, but there are no part numbers, and they seem kinda short for the e28; Andy?

The red fingery thing in the photo... my best guess is it's a folding trivet.

All in all, some great stuff; some I'll put to use, and some that may find it's way to someone else next year!
south26

Post by south26 »

davintosh wrote: Dec 30, 2020 10:00 PM My box finally showed up on Sunday(?) afternoon; I think 2020 has been especially tough on the USPS.

Many thanks to Andy South for all the goodies he sent!

The tastiest parts were the peach jam and the fudge! Unfortunately, a peanut allergy kept the fudge at arms length from me, but my family tells me it was awesome!

I've put the Ms. PacMan game to use; it's exactly as I remember the arcade game, but strangely it seems way more frustrating than I remember it from the days when I paid a quarter a game to play!

Got a few e28 parts that'll surely be put to use, especially the fuel pump relay and the brake pad sensors. There's a pair of what looks like rear sway bar links, but there are no part numbers, and they seem kinda short for the e28; Andy?

The red fingery thing in the photo... my best guess is it's a folding trivet.

All in all, some great stuff; some I'll put to use, and some that may find it's way to someone else next year!

I am so sorry about the fudge, if I had know I would have not made the peanut butter coffee liqueur chocolate fudge I would have left out the peanut butter. The red thing is a trivet. The rear sways are for the e34.

I also liked your box, love the calendar and the 2 way emergency radio. I think the small part of a game you sent is going to lead to use buying the whole game. Also like The mug, perfect color at Blue.

Andy