FS: 1992 BMW 325i M-Technic cabriolet - SOLD

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
austin8753

FS: 1992 BMW 325i M-Technic cabriolet - SOLD

Post by austin8753 »

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD on 30 November, 2020

sort of off topic, i know, but i figure a bit more exposure wouldn't hurt - plus, i'm sure a few of you folks are e30 enthusiasts (it's okay, we won't tell anyone). would love to find the old girl a new steward.

---------------

7/91 325ic - 770 code "mtechnic appearance package"
alpinweiss over lotosweiss volleder
181k on working odometer, i am the second owner
factory 5-speed manual transmission car
full glass out respray in 2018
largely stock, down to the original, 14", color matched basketweaves
located in Portland, Oregon, USA

i have owned this car since July, 2015. it came to me as a complete basketcase, that had been off the road for almost a decade. having purchased it from its original owner, i knew it was a car worth saving, particularly, because it was one of a select few that was optioned with the 770 package, as well as a manual transmission, which was uncommon. the original owner was a lawyer and this was reportedly his first major car purchase. somewhere along the line, he got divorced and the car ended up sitting from ~2007, until i purchased the car. right before the car got parked, the pads/rotors/calipers were all replaced. from what i can see, from digging into the car, the cylinder head and related parts (misc cooling hoses, fuel hoses) were serviced around 2002 - my best guess, the owner neglected to change the timing belt and it failed. engine runs very well.

the first thing i did was replace the timing belt, water pump, cap, rotor, plugs, fuel and air filters. at the same time, i replaced the torn, power top assembly with a good, used, manual top assembly. i then daily drove it for about a year before taking it off the road.

in early 2017, i stripped the car down and prepared it for a full body and paint job. it took over a year, but i finally got the car back. i have lots of pictures during the process. only recently, was i able to spend a couple weeks and reassemble the car. the job was pretty decent. the car could definitely benefit from a good wet sand and polish. i will leave that up to the new owner.

during my ownership, i have done the following:
-new Bilstein Sport dampers and H&R Sport springs (9/20)
-oil service (9/20)
-remanufactured factory steering rack, OE motor mounts (9/20)
-new 205/60/14 tires (9/20)
-timing belt/water pump/partial inspection 2, overhauled shifting assembly@ 171k (8/15)
-new OE mtechnic front spoiler (9/16)
-new OE euro spec mtechnic front bumper assembly (9/16)
-new OE euro spec mtechnic rear bumper assembly (9/16)
-new OE outer window scrapers, window guide/door seals (where the door meets the top), cabrio front top seal, wiper grommets, wiper cowl covers, almost all of the mtechnic mounting hardware, door hinge bushings, roundels, kidney grill, Euro headlight grills, H4 low beams, etc (8/20)

i anticipated keeping this car for a long time, but i'm whittling my fleet down to 4 (wow), and am realizing that i'm just not into cars like i once was. it's time to move on.

$20,000, CASH (yes, paper money) or best sensible, IN PERSON, offer. i am motivated to find this car a good, long term home.

seriously interested parties are welcomed to text: fivezerothree.ninesixseven.38hundred

Last edited by austin8753 on Dec 01, 2020 12:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.
AlfaGuy

Re: FS: 1992 BMW 325i M-Technic cabriolet

Post by AlfaGuy »

Beautiful e30 with the 770 package. I wish the timing was different as I want to add an e30 cabriolet to the mix. Currently have an 87 535is, 92 850ci, and a 99 M3 coupe. The right e30 would round this out nicely.

GLWTS
Spen

Post by Spen »

20 k in cash is awesome. Nice ride and that's a lot of physical cabbage! Make cash great again!
austin8753

Post by austin8753 »

sold! off to sunny Southern California - where a cabrio truly belongs.
wkohler

Re: FS: 1992 BMW 325i M-Technic cabriolet - SOLD

Post by wkohler »

Wow. Congrats on the sale.