Comfort seat repairs

E28 technical advice asked and given! Troubleshooting, modifications and more.
emwexler

Comfort seat repairs

Post by emwexler »

Greetings
I’m trying to swap a manual passenger comfort seat bottom to a power driver seat. Any advice, comments or useful links are appreciated.
Thanks in advance
kojo96

Re: Comfort seat repairs

Post by kojo96 »

Both manual and comfort seats mount to the frame the same, 4 10mm bolts. It's easier to remove them if the seat is in the upmost position on both frames. They separate (off of the frames the same also), side plastic covers removed expose two large phillip head screw bolts.
emwexler

Post by emwexler »

Thank you
Any issues with the donor being manual and the recipient being power?
brownsw44

Post by brownsw44 »

From the board index page, check the 3rd item down (Tech FAQs). There a link to Rod's Automotive Pages. 3rd page has a link to seat assembly/disassembly.

tech/rods_pages/id14.html
emwexler

Post by emwexler »

Many thanks!!
I was able to disassemble the donor this afternoon. Only anxiety now is adding the power to the donor headrest etc. I’ll see if it’s self explanatory and go from there.
If any more links come to mind send them on. I’m working on a ‘88 528e Cirrus Blau over Pacific Blue.

Thanks again for your kind words and guidance
ahab

Post by ahab »

Holy Fuck. THEE emwexler?!?! How has it been this long that the Darwin Award has eluded you? Glad you showed back up. Where ya been bro? There's been a serious lack of entertaining posts around here lately, this should be fun.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=136835&p=1356667#p1356667
Greg E34

Post by Greg E34 »

2020 delivers again.
ahab wrote: Nov 17, 2020 8:01 PM Holy Fuck. THEE emwexler?!?! How has it been this long that the Darwin Award has eluded you? Glad you showed back up. Where ya been bro? There's been a serious lack of entertaining posts around here lately, this should be fun.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=136835&p=1356667#p1356667
Kyle in NO
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

First thing you want to do is lay some cushion down on the floor where you are working. Carpet padding works well, I recommend some of the $6 moving blankets from Harbor Freight. Then grab some Vaseline or high temp bearing grease. This will greatly ease installation. Then, with both hands, you will want to grab the inside of your asshole from both sides, make sure you have a good grip. Then you should spread it. WIDE. I mean super wide, like you are trying to fit an Oldsmobile in there. Then take your seat cushion and shove it so far up your ass that you taste the flavor of horsehair padding. Then punch yourself in the face without washing your hands, so you get that scent of ass juice up in there. Then eat a dick.

Let me know if you need any further clarifications. THX!!!
Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

Greg E34 wrote: Nov 17, 2020 8:10 PM 2020 delivers again.
:laugh:
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Just for clarification . . . shove seat bottom so far up yur azz until an e36 appears in your driveway
Nanajoth

Post by Nanajoth »

Kyle in NO wrote: Nov 17, 2020 8:50 PM First thing you want to do is lay some cushion down on the floor where you are working. Carpet padding works well, I recommend some of the $6 moving blankets from Harbor Freight. Then grab some Vaseline or high temp bearing grease. This will greatly ease installation. Then, with both hands, you will want to grab the inside of your asshole from both sides, make sure you have a good grip. Then you should spread it. WIDE. I mean super wide, like you are trying to fit an Oldsmobile in there. Then take your seat cushion and shove it so far up your ass that you taste the flavor of horsehair padding. Then punch yourself in the face without washing your hands, so you get that scent of ass juice up in there. Then eat a dick.

Let me know if you need any further clarifications. THX!!!
Kyle in NO
Location: Nasty Orleans------> Batten-Rooehjch------>More Souther LA

Post by Kyle in NO »

Ass don’t wanna let my comforts out.
Motronic

Post by Motronic »

emwexler wrote: Nov 14, 2020 12:54 PM Greetings
Any advice, comments or useful links are appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Anytime, just ask away :laugh:
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Motronic wrote: Nov 18, 2020 9:21 PM
emwexler wrote: Nov 14, 2020 12:54 PM Greetings
Any advice, comments or useful links are appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Anytime, just ask away :laugh:
Yeah, careful what you ask for, eh? :pimp:
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

OK guys, he was way out there in 2016. And not in a good way. A wise man would have changed his handle, but it's been 4 years. Give him a break. Now, by all means if he starts to dig a hole again he's free game, but at least for the moment, why not give him a chance? There's been a few here who have rehabilitated.