SOLD: 1983 533i 5-speed non-running project in Augusta, GA

Buy, sell or trade whole vehicles.
Brandon in San Angelo

SOLD: 1983 533i 5-speed non-running project in Augusta, GA

Post by Brandon in San Angelo »

SOLD!

Thank you for looking.

--------------------

I have a 1983 533i with the G260 5 speed that needs to go. Grand plans of reviving this have fallen through.

-Schwarz (not diamondschawarz) black with a tan interior.
-136K miles
-Engine had valve adjustment just before electrical related failure after a sunroof leak left several inches of water in the floor. Problem is electrical in nature as it will crank at the diagnostic terminal but not at the key. Might be as simple as an ignition switch issue. I have a spare ECU and engine wiring harness. I have grown to hate all things Bosch.

-Interior is currently mostly disassembled as I pulled all the carpet and seats to dry it out. Super bonus: NEW in box ACC molded tan carpet goes with the car. Nothing got moldy. Still has that "German Car" horsehair and leather smell. Front seats are as expected for a 37 year old car: they need recovering.

Paint is at best "fair". Paint is peeling on the sunroof with resultant surface rust. There is some par-for-the-course rust in the trunk from taillight gasket leaks but the unibody is structurally sound.

Trunk has a full complement of belts, hoses, ignition parts, filters and other spares purchased from FCP Euro when I first got the car. They haven't been installed but they go with the car.

Currently sitting on TRXes that hold air. Might be able to work out something for the Style 29s with brand new rubber.

Asking $1000 picked up in Augusta, GA area. MUST PICK UP/TOW. I CANNOT DELIVER. I may also barter for cool stuff that takes up less room than a car.

The value isn't in the car itself but rather a strong M30B32 with a G260 behind it. You have everything you'd need for a 5 speed swap or repower. And a parts hulk that isn't a complete turd. LS Swap it, make a chicken coop, whatever works for you.

Wife and HOA are on my case about a stalled project and there simply aren't enough hours in the week/day to deal with this and other house and automotive projects.

Trunk full of new-in-package hoses, plugs, intake tubes, etc. Basically all the rubber that dry rots under the hood. New trunk seal as well in there. Probably $400 worth of parts there.

Back seat is in good shape. Old carpet wadded up on seat. The new ACC carpet is still in the box and the old one was retained as a template. Carpet is color matched as closely as possible to unfaded swatches of the original pearlbeige carpet.

Front seats. Kick panel and lower column cover are off for electrical troubleshooting. All parts are there.

Link to Google Photo Album

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uL6CKVQfKrHsmvSR6
Last edited by Brandon in San Angelo on Sep 30, 2020 9:05 PM, edited 4 times in total.
Brandon in San Angelo

Re: FS: 1983 533i 5-speed non-running project in Augusta, GA

Post by Brandon in San Angelo »

Updated listing with photos.

Humor me with offers or interesting trades.
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

No photos.
gray635

Post by gray635 »

I see pix. Looks like $1K worth of parts in the trunk! GLWS.