Traveling 7k miles, for a 3500.00 E28 with 329k miles...Seattle>San Diego>ATL video

Post your photos and videos here!
RC000E

Traveling 7k miles, for a 3500.00 E28 with 329k miles...Seattle>San Diego>ATL video

Post by RC000E »

This video took me years to make...for a variety of reasons. We had a head of footage, and the way the story ended, well....I had conflicted feelings about it all. We found a great car, experienced a heck of a journey and we hope to get another E28 in the future...but....here's how it all went down.

https://youtu.be/AIuWfj4pHbY

muleskinner

Re: Traveling 7k miles, for a 3500.00 E28 with 329k miles...Seattle>San Diego>ATL video

Post by muleskinner »

Great documentary. Some spectacular footage drving down the PNW coast. Great taste in background music also. I watched the video thinking "tragedy? Am I going to cry?". Turns out not much of a tragedy, thankfully.

Since you miss it, best thing to do IMHO is to get another e28. Looking forward to seeing another epic documentary when you do, and maybe the next one is the one that won't get away.
RC000E

Re: Traveling 7k miles, for a 3500.00 E28 with 329k miles...Seattle>San Diego>ATL video

Post by RC000E »

Thanks for that. It was actually tough to edit in a sense, because I'm used to the cameras I currently use. That old footage was all shot in HD but on mega old GoPro's and what I call "Chinapro's"...lol. I have quite a few other "journeys" and stories on my channel, with some serious footage. I even built a custom high speed (90mph) drone to film some things ahead...Covid kinda halted my plans on certain things but...getting back on track here.

Unfortunately, I've let a few REAL good cars go in the past...everything from this 3500.00 BMW, to a Testarossa I sold for 37k in 2011 and a Porsche 993 Carrera 4s I sold for 27k just prior to that...all the way back to a Y49 CRX Si I had. It's just the nature of the game I suppose. I remember reading about guys that sold off Hemi Cuda's for 500 bucks back in the 70's and 80's. Happens to us all I suppose. I will say though, if the right timing occurs and I can grab a clean Euro bumper/front end 535, I'm grabbing it for sure.