Anyone Interested In A License Plate Swap?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
davintosh

Anyone Interested In A License Plate Swap?

Post by davintosh »

My next-door neighbor -- who worked for the Minnehaha County DMV office for the last several years -- is moving this weekend, and gifted me with a stack of South Dakota license plates on me tonight. Most of them just random plates of the current iteration (as pictured below) so nothing super special, but I had a thought... Would anybody here be interested in sending me a plate from your home state in exchange for one from mine? I've got around 30 of them available.

A plate exchange is something that I've had in my head for some time, but didn't take much time to noodle out how it would work. I have a small collection of plates from various places, mostly neighboring states, but also a few antique plates, some that I got from friends in more distant states, and a few that my car wore in Germany. They're just in a stack in my garage right now, but given that we're moving to a new house soon that has a much nicer garage & workshop, I might actually have a place to display them!

So, if you're interested in a swap, respond with a comment in this thread and PM me with your mailing address, and I'll PM you with mine. And if you have multiple plates and would be willing to swap with others as well, say so in your comment.

Anybody game?

Adam W in MN

Re: Anyone Interested In A License Plate Swap?

Post by Adam W in MN »

Bring some down Saturday, I have some Illinois and Minnesota plates to swap
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

Not a plate, but I do have a license plate frame from David Hobbs BMW that's just taking up space on the garage wall.
RMP

Post by RMP »

I'm in, personal Connecticut plate for the M5, we moved. Anything similar?

Thanks, Roger
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Count me in for North Carolina. I can grab a few off of the employees cars at work. . .
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

RMP wrote: Jun 18, 2020 10:08 AM I'm in, personal Connecticut plate for the M5, we moved. Anything similar?

Thanks, Roger
I do have a couple of personalized plates in the stack, but nothing that cool... Hope you like what I sent though!
south26

Post by south26 »

I have a few Ohio plates I would swap.

Andy
PowerSax

Post by PowerSax »

If you still have, I have a "roadkill" plate. You know, the kind left on the road for dead. Maybe it fell off the car, maybe it was the whole bumper cover, I don't remember. It still has it's 1998 emblem.
Not perfect, but it is from Hawaii!
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

PowerSax wrote: Jun 27, 2020 4:05 PM If you still have, I have a "roadkill" plate. You know, the kind left on the road for dead. Maybe it fell off the car, maybe it was the whole bumper cover, I don't remember. It still has it's 1998 emblem.
Not perfect, but it is from Hawaii!
Strangely enough, I already have a plate from Hawaii; pretty sure I got it from someone on this board, maybe you!??

Does this look familiar?

I'd be happy to send you a SD plate if you'd like one though. PM incoming!
PowerSax

Post by PowerSax »

Not from me. Do you have a MASS plate?
Anyone one else want to swap? Seems I have a Hawaii plate to spare.