2.4 to 2.5 swap??

Finally, a home for all you 524td oil burners out there.
Score602

2.4 to 2.5 swap??

Post by Score602 »

Hi all, I have a m21 lincoln, head cracked badly.
Acquired a amc replacement head in nice shape but upon disassembling the original head we find many of the rockers have exsesive wear and a few lobes on the cam are in bad shape.
My machinist and I are reluctant to move foward due to little parts avalibility.
With that said I would be interested in possibly importing a m51 to get this car reliable again.
Curious if anyone has done such or have info on compatably, motor mounts, can I use the trans.
Thanks
gadget73

Re: 2.4 to 2.5 swap??

Post by gadget73 »

I seem to remember seeing a full set of NOS Ford-bagged rockers for one of these on ebay for not terribly stupid money. I randomly search for bits for mine and I've run into them before. Not sure on a cam though.

No idea about interchangability between the M21 and the M51 otherwise, but you might have to get creative with the accessories. All the stuff on the Lincoln is specific to the Lincoln, and unless the front of an M51 block happens to be the same as the M21 you'll have to work out replacements for all that stuff.

Is yours a Mark 7 or a Continental?
gadget73

Re: 2.4 to 2.5 swap??

Post by gadget73 »

If you do decide to ditch the M21 from your Lincoln, is there any chance I could buy the set of coolant hoses from you? I'd like to have something available as a model so I can come up with replacements for my own before one fails.