M5 "Makeover" (Photo Heavy!)

Specific conversations and info for the BMW E28 M5 and M535i.
Tifoso

Re: M5 "Makeover" (Photo Heavy!)

Post by Tifoso »

Another update: I have added a stitched vinyl dash, "fake" euro wipers (i.e., just the wipers, none of the other mechanicals), Condor shift knob, and my 4th and FINAL set of wheels, a custom set of BBS E50 replicas made Image Wheels in 17" x 8.5". I think I'm finally done!

Here are a few new photos:

Last edited by Tifoso on Sep 06, 2019 12:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.
brickwhite

Post by brickwhite »

any more pictures of the e28goodies dash?
milarsky

Post by milarsky »

Killer build!!! Great job.
cek

Post by cek »

Tifoso wrote: I think I'm finally done!
Ha! That's what they (we) all say.

Good work, regardless.
Tifoso

Post by Tifoso »

brickwhite wrote:any more pictures of the e28goodies dash?
I don't have any, unfortunately. There are a bunch more on e28goodies web site, which actually very accurately represent the dash.
Tifoso

Post by Tifoso »

milarsky wrote:Killer build!!! Great job.
Thanks!
cek wrote:
Tifoso wrote: I think I'm finally done!
Ha! That's what they (we) all say.

Good work, regardless.
Hey, may as well try to deceive myself for a day or two! Thanks, Charlie.
EuroShark

Post by EuroShark »

Amazing! I love it.

What model wheel is that? I've looked at Images site but I can't seem to find this exact style.
Tifoso

Post by Tifoso »

EuroShark wrote:Amazing! I love it.

What model wheel is that? I've looked at Images site but I can't seem to find this exact style.
Thanks! This is a one-off set that Image did for me based upon a 16" BBS E50 wheel they had for measurement purposes. In addition to their standard wheel styles, they also do custom requests....
tn535i

Post by tn535i »

Can I give you my run down as it looks like you are asking for it?

Was the interior fully replaced also? The color is more modern looking and IMO better suited to black than US M5's originally had. Beautiful choice and work.

Wheels and tires and stance are so much of an 'in the eye of the beholder' thing that I would have chosen a little different but still looks amazing to me and not the overdone drop and such so many go for. Very much perfect.

The newly minted Blaupunkt receiver discussed in another thread might be better suited than the Nakamichi. Take a look.

Since it's so near perfection I have to point out it appears the front bumper trim is running a little downhill on the left front corner. Maybe that's just me imagining that.

Overall score, STUNNING and more and more STUNNING.

Thanks for sharing it with us I wish one day I could bring my car (M6) anywhere even close to that level.
Tifoso

Post by Tifoso »

tn535i wrote:Can I give you my run down as it looks like you are asking for it?

Was the interior fully replaced also? The color is more modern looking and IMO better suited to black than US M5's originally had. Beautiful choice and work.

Wheels and tires and stance are so much of an 'in the eye of the beholder' thing that I would have chosen a little different but still looks amazing to me and not the overdone drop and such so many go for. Very much perfect.

The newly minted Blaupunkt receiver discussed in another thread might be better suited than the Nakamichi. Take a look.

Since it's so near perfection I have to point out it appears the front bumper trim is running a little downhill on the left front corner. Maybe that's just me imagining that.

Overall score, STUNNING and more and more STUNNING.

Thanks for sharing it with us I wish one day I could bring my car (M6) anywhere even close to that level.
Thanks so much! Interior was re-done in euro cloth by a prior owner. I re-dyed the leather and did other odds and ends like steering wheel, stereo/speakers, carpets, shift knob, etc. And lots of elbow grease! :) I missed the Blaupunkt thread, will have to check that out.
Tifoso

Post by Tifoso »

Here's a link to a fun driving video that my son and I just put together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Xvlu5tIEs
Zengineer

Post by Zengineer »

A beautiful car, really like that you are rolling around on 1-off wheels, a nice personal touch. Thanks for the video, car sounds awesome. :)
Tifoso

Post by Tifoso »

Zengineer wrote: Aug 09, 2020 8:18 PM A beautiful car, really like that you are rolling around on 1-off wheels, a nice personal touch. Thanks for the video, car sounds awesome. :)
Thanks!