OT -- What's Your Favorite Beer?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
cek

Re: OT -- What's Your Favorite Beer?

Post by cek »

Karl Grau wrote:
davintosh wrote:have you ever tried a radler? A German beer that's mixed with lemonade.
In Britain they call it a 'Shandy'. And no, I never tried one.

This was in the 'New Arrivals' section so I bought a bottle. Pretty tasty (and inexpensive).

Nice placement. ;)
SPF2006

Post by SPF2006 »

Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

cek wrote:Nice placement. ;)
Lol, I was measuring lug bolts and it didn't even register at the time.
cek

Post by cek »

Black Raven's "Trickster IPA" has been a go-to for me for a long time. Really great stuff if you can get it.

Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Karl Grau wrote:
davintosh wrote:have you ever tried a radler? A German beer that's mixed with lemonade.
I remember those from the time I spent over in England, ahem, a few decades ago. But lemonade doesn't sound quite right, maybe ginger ale? Maybe not, it was a long time ago. Not a substitute for real beer, but not bad at all, pretty tasty IIRC. Great with lunch.
Chimi-Changa

Post by Chimi-Changa »

I've been quaffing a bunch of these lately. Seems like the craft beer thing isn't just over here.... little hoppy but very crisp. (I'm more of a lager type guy than those Hippy IPA beers)

Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

Mike W. wrote:
Karl Grau wrote:
I remember those from the time I spent over in England, ahem, a few decades ago. But lemonade doesn't sound quite right, maybe ginger ale?
It was a while ago for me too but I do remember it being 'lemon' something. This was in Scotland and it was a specific lemon drink/additive almost always in a Tennents Lager. :dunno:

They got the Belgian Style right where they somehow make the bubbles smaller or something but it was a bit on the bland side.

Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

ElGuappo wrote:I think Pranqster by North Coast Brewing is perhaps the best beer I've ever had.
Not bad. Not bad at all. :up:

a

Post by a »

Shandy is short for shandygaff . Its a mixture of beer and lemonade. Despite the image it conjures up, it is pretty good. (drinkable if free) Mebbe, a little gingerale would take the pucker out of the mega hop IPAs people favor. :D
John in VA

Post by John in VA »

a wrote:Shandy is short for shandygaff . Its a mixture of beer and lemonade. Despite the image it conjures up, it is pretty good. (drinkable if free) Mebbe, a little gingerale would take the pucker out of the mega hop IPAs people favor. :D
Ginger beer will spice it up!
Motronic

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Post by Motronic »

Not my favorite but it's what I'm drinking now.

Much smoother than the other blizzard 40 years ago. Remember that East coasters?

stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

As part of Giving Tuesday, Sierra Nevada Beer has asked breweries across the country to brew up some of Sierra Nevada’s Resilience IPA, and donate all profits to the Camp Fire Relief Fund. It sounds like hundreds of breweries are signing up, including Surly here in Minneapolis.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

I just quaffed a bottle of Boulevard's The Sixth Glass quadrupel ale; excellent stuff. I had the six-pack out in my garage where the current temp is hovering around 30°F; perfect temp for a good quad.
:up:

davintosh

Post by davintosh »

I just dug up this thread wondering what the name of a beer was that I had had a while back... And dang, last comment was over two years ago? We're slippin'!

Boulevard Sixth Glass was the one I was thinking of. It's been over a year since I've seen it in the stores though. Makes me sad.

I have found a good replacement for it though; current fave is Dirty Bastard, a Scotch-style ale from Founders Brewing Co. Good stuff.

Philo

Post by Philo »

Really anything Belgian.. But this one is one of my favs.

1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Frio 6.0, currently.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

Philo wrote: Jan 06, 2021 7:12 PM Really anything Belgian.. But this one is one of my favs.
I think we’re in solid agreement on this! There’s just something about the Belgian beers... and Chimay is one of the best. When we were living in Germany, I couldn’t find it without crossing into France (those nutty Deutschlanders and their crazy beer laws!), but it wasn’t uncommon to pay less than 2€ for a 750ml bottle.
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

davintosh wrote: Jan 05, 2021 11:54 PM I just dug up this thread wondering what the name of a beer was that I had had a while back... And dang, last comment was over two years ago? We're slippin'!

Boulevard Sixth Glass was the one I was thinking of. It's been over a year since I've seen it in the stores though. Makes me sad.

I have found a good replacement for it though; current fave is Dirty Bastard, a Scotch-style ale from Founders Brewing Co. Good stuff.

To go along with your Scotch-style ales, Einstok's version "Icelandic Wee Heavy" is a fine example (the Vikings and Scotch are related after all):

I continued to be impressed by Einstok's offerings. I missed their Dopplebock Holiday Ale this year :cry: (you have to act fast when it comes out at the end of October, there are limited quantities. And this year especially.)
M5BB

Post by M5BB »

Why Beck's of course.

How do you think I got the money to buy all these cars?
:laugh:
Martin in BellevueWA

Post by Martin in BellevueWA »

Heineken is pretty great, fresh. Was there before the pandemic.