The Thread of Randomness. . .

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
e28Sean

Re: The Thread of Randomness. . .

Post by e28Sean »

davintosh wrote:I walked into a darkened bathroom and saw the stool glowing. Kind of a freaky thing when you're not expecting it!
If your friend's stool is glowing, he should probably see a doctor. That is not normal.
a

Post by a »

A thread about a needle and thread. As nearsighted as I am, threading a needle is difficult. Until I stuck it in a cork, which allowed me to do the job with only my right hand. Worked way faster than the 2 handed method . :D
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

The DMV. I don't think it's on anyone's list of favorite governmental agencies, but I suspect the one here in Calif is below average. I understand some of their challenges, it can't be easy to recruit employees who are near universally incompetent, yet arrogant and surly.

But today's rant is probably the fault of the illustrious legislators up in Sacramento. Got the renewal for my little utility trailer and while it's permanent registration, I have to renew it every 5 years. OK, 10 bucks, no big deal, except those semi trailers that are carrying 40,000 pounds 100K a year pay the same. Still NBD. But I could non op the trailer. Only $21 or more than double the renewal. :roll:
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Went to a funeral today. Err, celebration of life. :dunno: My co-father-in-law, or my sons father in law. Yeah, he was a dozen years older than me, but same old somber minor key music. When I go my wife is under strict instructions to play upbeat rock and roll! Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, upbeat foot tappin' music. I don't care if it's loud or soft, just make it upbeat. Why so somber if it's a celebration? :roll:
DXXXIIIi

Post by DXXXIIIi »

Love it!
I told my wife if anybody's crying at my "celebration", it'd better be because the wings were too hot or the beer isn't cold enough. :beer:
And the playlist...? Chicago blues, SRV, Black Crowes, Led Zep, AC/CD, Allman Brothers....
And don't chunk me in the clay.
Like Al Czervik said... "Country clubs and cemeteries are the biggest wasters of prime real estate!
Scatter my ashes somewhere in the fast lane.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Ya know you're a hands on guy when you're doing some finish woodworking, rip your hand open running it over what you thought was smooth sanded oak plywood, start bleeding and your first thought is, oh shit, I didn't bleed on the oak did I?

I didn't. :D
a

Post by a »

Doing some minor house fitting today. I wall mtd a 48X 28 flat screen for Eliot. The wall is the top of the balloon frame with a 1/2 wall on top. I have a story and a 1/2 house that I put a full 2 story addition. The wall is a former exterior morphed into an interior wall of. Plenty of wood, just not where it normally is
a

Post by a »

Yah, I'm leaving a play list behind . Gonna party like it is 1969 :laugh:
Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

So sorry for doing this, but using Imgur to post pictures has opened a whole new world of ways to waste time. This is a must see and qualifies as random:

https://imgur.com/a/Xb94B1y
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

OK, I'm old by Mye28 standards. I wasn't back in '02 or '03 when it started.

But watching your Granddaughter swagger around with a beer in hand at her party after graduating from Cosmetology college will make you shake your head. :shock: OK, technically she's only just 20, but it was a private party and the first of the night I saw at least. But she deserved it and I'm proud of her. :up:
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

I'm bummed; my Advent calendar hasn't arrived yet.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B009R7SBD0/
a

Post by a »

That is freaken pissah. Davintosh :D
a

Post by a »

So is Pluto a planet or...
DXXXIIIi

Post by DXXXIIIi »

Talking to a girl at the bar last night. She says she is a real animal lover, and horses are her "absolute fave! :D <3 "
She is sad though. She can't understand why people a re making fun of her new screen name, "Hoof Hearted"
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

DXXXIIIi wrote:Talking to a girl at the bar last night. She says she is a real animal lover, and horses are her "absolute fave! :D <3 "
She is sad though. She can't understand why people a re making fun of her new screen name, "Hoof Hearted"
cek

Post by cek »

The Not A Flamethrower came.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsjY_QIgFIA/

Bonsaibacker

Post by Bonsaibacker »

cek wrote:The Not A Flamethrower came.

Hell yeah!
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

cek wrote:The Not A Flamethrower came.

For lighting cigars, or killing weeds, or???
rmiddendorf

Post by rmiddendorf »

Hi. I’m still alive. :-). Been a minute for those I don’t see at The Vintage. I’m down to a just a real nice e23 735i in the middle of a 5 spd swap and divorced and now happily dating the love of my life. If I get motivated I’ll start a e23 swap thread. Plenty more good going on but I don’t feel like typing more right now just wanted to say hi.
a

Post by a »

Back atcha dude stay in touch Rodney
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

"Baby it's cold outside", even down here in southeast Tejas.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

OK, I'm happily retired now. But I was with the County a long time and I'm still in touch. So long I sometimes describe how long I've known someone by how many of their ex's I've known. :roll: Before they were their ex's.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

1st 5er wrote:"Baby it's cold outside", even down here in southeast Tejas.
I thought for a second about teasing you about the cold down there, but I remember the winter I spent on the Gulf coast... I’d take last week’s -20s in the Dakotas over that all day long. Stay warm.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Nothing says rebel like the guy gassing up yesterday. Dirty scruffy camo pants, camo jacket, hat turned at about a 135 angle back. Until he drove off in his late model Toyota Minivan. :laugh: