OT -- What's Your Favorite Beer?

General conversations about BMW E28s and the people who own them.
1st 5er

Re: OT -- What's Your Favorite Beer?

Post by 1st 5er »

:wave:

Snobs.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

Just saw this video, and it made me think of this thread. FYI, Coors Light is not my favorite beer. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/john.farris.31 ... =3&theater
David B

Post by David B »

NOLA Blond
ElGuappo

Post by ElGuappo »

I think Pranqster by North Coast Brewing is perhaps the best beer I've ever had.
http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beers/ ... ao_confirm
a

Post by a »

I know what I don't like is the freaken hopped to the hair roots IPAs. My first beer in about a month was a Wachusett Wally. It was a gift, I'd never pay for it. I was expecting something puckery and wasn't disappointed. I always liked traditional ales with enough hops to complement the malt. Not scour out your mouth, tongue and palette. It is like hot sauce Scovill units. Too much to enjoy the brew. Belgian style ale and bier is well worth exploring. An ice cold Bud of a recent date is preferable to mega hops. The Sailor has a brew pub in his basement and his stuff is awesome, if he keeps it normal.
Dale3783

Post by Dale3783 »

Currently loving Harpoon Flannel Friday. Awesome fall beer.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

"NO!!!,nurse, I said a butt light."
jca

Post by jca »

Four way tie: Saint Pauli Girl, Heineken, Guinness Extra Stout, Grolsch. Life is too short to drink American beer.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

jca wrote:... Life is too short to drink American beer.
Unless it's s ZeigenBock.
Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

I've heard people rave about Pliny the Elder but until today, I had never seen it in a store. I give it a solid "Meh!".

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

My current favorite is Axis IPA from Real Ale. It's not too bitter, but packed with bright citrusy/tropical hop flavor. Only available in Texas though.
cek

Post by cek »

Steinlager is pretty good on the beach. I never buy the stuff, but my brother in law always does so when we're in Hawaii...so I partake.
Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

My local beer monger recommended this beer from Deschutes Brewery in Oregon. It only comes out once every three years and it's pretty damn tasty. Twenty dollars a bottle tasty? Probably not, but I can do it once every three years.

Pendleton wrote:My current favorite is Axis IPA from Real Ale. It's not too bitter, but packed with bright citrusy/tropical hop flavor. Only available in Texas though.
We have almost 200 microbreweries in San Diego (that's why we're called the 'hoppiest Place on Earth') so I think I can probably find something drinkable. :)

cek

Post by cek »

"Almost 200..."

How quaint.
Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

cek wrote:"Almost 200..."

How quaint.
And they all use the metric system.
vinceg101

Post by vinceg101 »

I was just thinking about this thread.
That Deschutes looks interesting, I will have to drop into my local monger and see if they have it. Deschutes makes a great Porter so they know how to make beer.

With it being the Holiday Season, all the "Holiday" brews are out on the shelves.
I was cruising the aisles of our local Cost Plus World Market earlier this week picking up a few exotic nibbles for someone and wandered down the beer aisle.
This looked interesting: Einstok Doppelbock from Iceland

Yum, this was tasty; I will have to go back this week and grab a 6 or two this stuff before it goes away. They had their regular ales as well, so I might try them also.

I'm a sucker for Porters, coffee Porters specifically. Found this at TJ's: Anchor Steam's version:

Good, strong coffee notes but almost too bitter for my tastes.

I've had this stuff siting in the cupboard & refrigerator since last month. I bought it in a moment of weakness when TJ's didn't have my trusty Full Sail Amber on shelves. Josephsbrau Winter Brew Dark Double Bock Lager (San Jose, CA):

Overall good, but a tad too sweet. So I did a little micro-brewing of my own and blended the Anchor Steam in with it. Not bad, but I would rather have more of that Einstok.
Bimmerguy2002

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

boring old Guinness extra stout, either you hate it or you love it.
a

Post by a »

Bimmerguy2002 wrote:boring old Guinness extra stout, either you hate it or you love it.
My BIL alternates Guinness stout and Bud. Me, I'm still looking for the beer. I'm doomed to wander the beer aisle endlessly in a vain quest for my favorite beer. :laugh:
Brian in TN

Post by Brian in TN »

Cold. I'm a simple man.
Bimmerguy2002

Post by Bimmerguy2002 »

a wrote:
Bimmerguy2002 wrote:boring old Guinness extra stout, either you hate it or you love it.
My BIL alternates Guinness stout and Bud. Me, I'm still looking for the beer. I'm doomed to wander the beer aisle endlessly in a vain quest for my favorite beer. :laugh:
Likewise, i cant find something thats AFFORDABLE to the confines of my taste, not that its expensive or anything. Ive had some good stuff that people have posted here but i always feel guilty buying it because it becomes "well i could buy THIS instead of beer" :laugh:
cek

Post by cek »

My daughter, bless her beer loving, rare red meat eating, heart, just showed me "untappd", an iOS/&roid app that is supposed to be da bomb at helping find and track beers. Checking it out now...
cek

Post by cek »

I'm not normally a fan of citrus'y beers.

While on Maui last week we bought a bunch of this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While the can claims "Tropical citrus hops burst from this dry-hopped India Pale Ale" the citrus flavor is very subtle and...quite nice. Will drink again in large quantities.

davintosh

Post by davintosh »

cek wrote:I'm not normally a fan of citrus'y beers.

While on Maui last week we bought a bunch of this and I thoroughly enjoyed it. While the can claims "Tropical citrus hops burst from this dry-hopped India Pale Ale" the citrus flavor is very subtle and...quite nice. Will drink again in large quantities.
Speaking of fruity beers (NTTATWWT), have you ever tried a radler? A German beer that's mixed with lemonade. Doesn't sound great, but it works; very good on a hot day. Those funny Germans mix a lot of different things in their beer; beer/cola is something I'd see in stores pretty regularly. I never got up the gumption to try it, but one German guy I know said it was good. :?
Karl Grau

Post by Karl Grau »

davintosh wrote:have you ever tried a radler? A German beer that's mixed with lemonade.
In Britain they call it a 'Shandy'. And no, I never tried one.

This was in the 'New Arrivals' section so I bought a bottle. Pretty tasty (and inexpensive).

oldskool

Post by oldskool »

cek wrote:My daughter, bless her beer loving, rare red meat eating, heart, just showed me "untappd", an iOS/&roid app that is supposed to be da bomb at helping find and track beers. Checking it out now...
Geez. My friend George Taylor wrote that app. I told him it was stoopid.