WTS Fiberglass Under-seat Sub & amp

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
Badger

WTS Fiberglass Under-seat Sub & amp

Post by Badger »

The sub is a shallow mount Pioneer Premier TS-SW1241D
350 watts RMS and 1400 watts Peak. Both the sub and box are about a year and half old. It's in near new condition and never abused. It is very tight and accurate.
I built the box, it matches the fit of the floor perfectly. The top of the box is 3/4" mdf and the rest is 8-12 layers of fiberglass. It is way over built so it will last forever. It fits under the rear seat with NO modifications at all.

Mono Kenwood amp - KAC-PS400M - 400 x 1ch @ 4 ohms and 600 x 1ch @ 2 ohms. This is what I ran this sub and several others in the past with. It is an older amp but works excellent. Very clean and stable. This amp can run 2 twelves no prob. but is matched very well to the pioneer 12. The prices are firm b/c I am only selling cause I need money for my turbo build.
Package $350 for sub/box and amp
Sub/box $300
Amp $100

misha

Post by misha »

thats a really nice setup. If i was in the market for a sub i would jump on it.

How is the sound out of it? do you notice any bass bias to the left side of the car or anything like that?
Badger

Post by Badger »

There is no bass bias at all. It goes very low also, before i installed it i was sceptical about how it would sound. I am driving an old camry till my e28 is done and i can hook it up for anyone in the mass area if they want to hear it. It sounds amazing in an e28, no vibrations, shakes the rear view mirror if you turn it up that loud. This is a quality setup. I have no problem if you are local and want to hear it in your car before buying. I can run speaker line from my car to yours if you don't have an amp just so you can hear it.
MShimon

Post by MShimon »

Wow, I wish I had the $$ to buy this setup. I have been thinking about building one for awhile now, I'm not looking for huge bass just some lower end stuff as the stock system has nothing.
Blaze535I

Post by Blaze535I »

Thats a nice setup. Do you build custom fiberglass boxes for anyone who needs one? I'm looking for a box for 2 Alpine type R 15's that will fit in my trunk. I perfer fiberglass due to the sound resonance. How much would you charge to build one for me?
Badger

Post by Badger »

bump
Murfinator

Post by Murfinator »

I like it, I want it, I need it. But... the price needs to come down. $300 for a used sub and enclosure is more than what it would cost for a new one, which go for low $200's. Sure its a custom fit enclosure, but its still used and not the best brand...more mid-range on the quality scale.

PM me if you're willing to come down in price.

Hey, I need money for my projects too ;)
Badger

just so you know

Post by Badger »

I'm pretty much including the sub for free with the box. Check the market and magazine reviews for shallow mount subs and see if the sub is mid-range. Get an estimate for a fiberglass box to be built under the rear seat. Most installers won't touch it b/c they are not skilled enough and the ones that will cost $$$. The only reason I am somewhat interested in selling it is b/c I put 6 gran on my cc for my turbo build and need some cash to buy more parts. I will let the box and sub go for $250 but thats the lowest.
Murfinator

Post by Murfinator »

PM sent.
MShimon

Post by MShimon »

awww.
BonitaBeast

Re: WTS Fiberglass Under-seat Sub & amp

Post by BonitaBeast »

I realize this is quite a thread resurrection, but would anyone know of anybody selling an enclosure like this? Or does anyone know who would have details to build something like this?

Thanks in advance.
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

I built something similar but all in MDF with an 8" shallow mount subwoofer (same manufacturer, same line). Let me check if I still have the drawings I made for it. This is what it looks like:

I replaced the amp about 2 months ago with a 5 channel Kenwood unit that has been great so far!
BonitaBeast

Post by BonitaBeast »

Thank you! This is exactly what i'm looking to do. Would you have the external dimensions of your box available? Also would you know what your internal volume is for this box? I am planning to use a JL Audio 12TW3-D4 thin-line so the enclosure will need to be bigger than yours but not by much.
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

I hate that we have hijacked the OP thread! Sorry! But in the interest of sharing I'll help. I never calculated the volume of this box. I'll take some measurements tomorrow and some pictures. It does have some funky angles to match the contour for the floor pan in that area.
jmanscotch

Post by jmanscotch »

jimoreno wrote:I hate that we have hijacked the OP thread! Sorry! But in the interest of sharing I'll help. I never calculated the volume of this box. I'll take some measurements tomorrow and some pictures. It does have some funky angles to match the contour for the floor pan in that area.
I really hope we aren't thread jacking a 6 year old FS post...
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

LOL I just noticed it! I should pay more attention to the dates!
BonitaBeast

Post by BonitaBeast »

:rofl:

Hopefully the OP doesn't mind.... :hijack:
BonitaBeast

Post by BonitaBeast »

jimoreno wrote:I built something similar but all in MDF with an 8" shallow mount subwoofer (same manufacturer, same line). Let me check if I still have the drawings I made for it. This is what it looks like:

I replaced the amp about 2 months ago with a 5 channel Kenwood unit that has been great so far!
Would an enclosure of equal dimension fit on the right side of the car? I know i can remove my seat and check myself if the space is equal but I haven't had the chance to do so.
Marco77

Post by Marco77 »

Hi there, I was planning on a similar install, two JL audio subs under the rear seat, but was concerned about over heating/ventilation issues? Did you have any trouble with your amps sealed under the rear seat?
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

I never had any issues with the amp overheating or turning off due to thermal overload. I guess you could do the same on the right side and add another sub. Honestly, I don't think is needed but to each their own!
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

These look like a great solution for those of us who don't want subs in our trunks. is this something that any high end install shop can duplicate? If not, do any of you make these specifically for sale?
jimoreno

Post by jimoreno »

I made a drawing of it when I built it years ago. I actually made it in cardboard first and tweaked it a little bit so I would do the same. I made sure that it didn't go over the edge of the seat base to eliminate interference. Here is a link to this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFI1p ... sp=sharing
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

jimoreno wrote: Dec 14, 2020 8:36 AM I made a drawing of it when I built it years ago. I actually made it in cardboard first and tweaked it a little bit so I would do the same. I made sure that it didn't go over the edge of the seat base to eliminate interference. Here is a link to this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFI1p ... sp=sharing
Thanks for sharing. This is great stuff!
reesesboot

Post by reesesboot »

jimoreno wrote: Dec 14, 2020 8:36 AM I made a drawing of it when I built it years ago. I actually made it in cardboard first and tweaked it a little bit so I would do the same. I made sure that it didn't go over the edge of the seat base to eliminate interference. Here is a link to this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxFI1p ... sp=sharing
+1 Thanks for sharing