No way to contact Administrators ?

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
Yurokae-ish

No way to contact Administrators ?

Post by Yurokae-ish »

I have looked and looked - can find no way of contacting "the team" or Administrators.
Is there a way? please school me.
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Re: No way to contact Administrators ?

Post by Shawn D. »

You apparently haven't read the Forum FAQ or noticed that some of us have green handles with special titles below our handles.

That being said, what is your question?
Yurokae-ish

Post by Yurokae-ish »

My purpose in contacting an Administrator is, I hope, to be taken in a positive way, as I really do hope to glean useful information here, and to positively contribute, when I can.

So - I must express disappointment in the inability to post actual photo files (jpg or png) in this forum.
As he saying goes...a picture is worth a thousand words.

Same goes for other types of attachments containing solid reference material i.e. documents like pdf or spreadsheets.
I am sure, based on the FAQ, that there is awareness of the likely hood of photos linked from
outside websites to just disappear, leaving a disappointing shell of the original thread.
Making a 3rd party outside website a necessary part of the process is just sooo clumsy, slow, and burdensome.
Besides - being not really wanting to bestow my source material on those (unworthy) places.

On the other hand - threads with solid reference material built-in become permanent go-to references you can count on.
And that makes forums with that - valued places to return to again and again.

That said, I am not completely insensitive to the file size storage burden...would understand placing a pixel size and/or file size limit.
600x800 pixels is almost always able to show what's important in an image.
(other VERY active forums do that, FYI)

Then, as for reading the FAQ...I did, and again and again - clicked & poked anything that even looked suspicious.
And GREEN handles - I suppose maybe I saw - but what does it mean? didn't jump out and explain itself to me.

BTW - are you the same Shawn D that put together the e28 wheel & tire spreadsheet - years ago?
I stashed that gem away long ago, but had to put my old 535i on hold for a long - long time, just now waking up the Garage Queen.
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

We're aware of the pros & cons of how we do this. None of what you said is new to us.
Yurokae-ish wrote: Jun 02, 2022 10:56 PM(other VERY active forums do that, FYI)
We're aware of how other forums do things and don't need to be lectured about it. Are you aware of another major difference between "other VERY active forums" and MyE28?
Yurokae-ish wrote: Jun 02, 2022 10:56 PMThen, as for reading the FAQ...I did, and again and again - clicked & poked anything that even looked suspicious.
And GREEN handles - I suppose maybe I saw - but what does it mean? didn't jump out and explain itself to me.
You're expecting too much if you think things should "jump out and explain" themselves to you. The information is there, and while not spoon-fed, is not hidden whatsoever. The answer to your "No way to contact Administrators?" is in the FAQ and your ability (or maybe lack thereof) to observe the color green and note a user title that starts with the letter "b." There are, however, no direct "This is how to contact Administrators" instructions -- they're not necessary.
Yurokae-ish wrote: Jun 02, 2022 10:56 PMBTW - are you the same Shawn D that put together the e28 wheel & tire spreadsheet - years ago?
I stashed that gem away long ago, but had to put my old 535i on hold for a long - long time, just now waking up the Garage Queen.
Yes, that is me. Note the link in my signature line.