[Help!] Home network redirects to 127.0.0.1

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
lenaxia

[Help!] Home network redirects to 127.0.0.1

Post by lenaxia »

Hi, I believe I may be blocked from mye28.com from my home network for some reason. Everytime I visit, I get a 302 redirect to 127.0.0.1.

Image attached of the redirect:

I believe I may be a similar problem to this thread: http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=122103

I have similar behavior. It affects every device on my network regardless of browser or browsing method but works got the devices as soon as they leave my network. This has been happening for several months now.

I have verified it is not my network as I get the correct DNS response and as the image above shows, the mye28.com ngnix server is sending the 302 redirect.

My IP is not on the stopforumspam.com database.

Can I get this fixed so I can use mye28.com again? Please?

My home IP is 162.211.216.xxx. If you need the last three let me know
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Re: [Help!] Home network redirects to 127.0.0.1

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

As a test, can you try bypassing your home router & wire directly to the modem, the retest again?
Also, as odd as it sounds try power-cycling both your modem & router. I've seen issues where something got hung up in the modem config file causing similar issues.
lenaxia

Post by lenaxia »

Bloody Nora. You were right. I tried everything *except* rebooting my router. Including editing the router host files.

Rebooted the router and mye28 now works again. Any idea what got messed up? Mye28 is the only website I saw this behavior on.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

lenaxia wrote:Bloody Nora. You were right. I tried everything *except* rebooting my router. Including editing the router host files.

Rebooted the router and mye28 now works again. Any idea what got messed up? Mye28 is the only website I saw this behavior on.
Hard to say a root cause. I've seen this behavior some private vpn's in the past as well.

Glad you're back online!
de Witt

Post by de Witt »

Just had my VPN get filtered by the site, which is annoying considering the security posture here though understandable given the costs of doing so.