Turn off Email notifications?

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
rmiddendorf

Turn off Email notifications?

Post by rmiddendorf »

Yo. I want to stop receiving Email notifications on topics I'm following since Tapatalk does it on my phone. I spent some time poking around the Control Panel but couldn't seem to locate it. I'm sure I'm missing something- any thoughts, comments or dirty jokes?
demetk

Re: Turn off Email notifications?

Post by demetk »

Manage subscriptions option.
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Post by Justin_FL »

demetk wrote:Manage subscriptions option.
...as accessed from the "User Control Panel", for those that have no idea.

Rodney, pretty sure Tapatalk will stop notification of any replies to a thread once you stop the phpBB subscription. In certain cases it will still notify, like if someone quotes and replies to a post of yours in a thread, but I am unsure if there are other situations where it will notify.
rmiddendorf

Post by rmiddendorf »

Justin_FL wrote:
demetk wrote:Manage subscriptions option.
...as accessed from the "User Control Panel", for those that have no idea.

Rodney, pretty sure Tapatalk will stop notification of any replies to a thread once you stop the phpBB subscription. In certain cases it will still notify, like if someone quotes and replies to a post of yours in a thread, but I am unsure if there are other situations where it will notify.
Well I just want the Emails stopped; I still want Tapatalk to stay on the way it is. And I'd like to be able to have subscriptions, just not have the Emails.

I suppose the alternative is to filter them into a folder in my mailbox.
WilNJ

Post by WilNJ »

^ That's what I did.
rmiddendorf

Post by rmiddendorf »

So I poked around a few times but wasn't all that committed to figuring out how to do this on the forum. Somehow at about this same time Exchange decided that the notifications were 'clutter' and now they're no bothering me anymore, Tapatalk still does what it needs, and I can still go to the subscriptions page of my profile and shop what I've been into.

So effectively I've done nothing and the default was a win. I call that a win win. It'd be a triple win if it also delivered me a pepperoni pizza without ordering, but I'll take the win X2 and not be greedy.