Drunk Photo Rant

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
cek
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mar 18, 2013 6:25 PM
Location: əʞɐl ʇlɐs puɐ əlʇʇɐəs
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by cek »

I did that to prove a point. I used imugr for those photos. Imugr is evil for forum photos because they get deleted after a period of time.

I fixed it.

Here's the updated instructions on how to put photos on Flickr into mye28.com posts:

In your web browser while on a Flickr photo detail page, click the "up and to right" arrow.
Image

Then click "BBcode", select your resolution (I usually do something around 1000 horizontal pixels).
Image

Click the URL box (click anywhere in it) and the URL will be selected.
Image

Then press Ctrl-c (or Cmd-c) to copy the BBCode to the clipboard.

Switch back to your mye28.com post and hit Ctrl-v (cmd-v) to paste.

Once you do it the first time, subsequently the BBCode will automatically be selected (and the resolution remembered). Just hit Ctrl/Cmd-C to copy the BBCode text to the clipboard. IOW, once you do this the first time the steps are:
  1. In your web browser while on a Flickr photo detail page, click the "up and to right" arrow.
  2. Press Ctrl-c (or Cmd-c) to copy the BBCode to the clipboard.
  3. Switch back to your mye28.com post and hit Ctrl-v (cmd-v) to paste.
wkohler
Posts: 50673
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by wkohler »

That's all super, but it still works not from a mobile device. I figured it out on the iPhone or iOS world. The problem is you have to use the desktop site and then the issue is with selecting the whole bbcode linky dealie. You have to use two fingers to tap the address. Then it works. Of course, I SHOUDN'T HAVE TO FUCKING DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONEoneWonjuan.
cek
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mar 18, 2013 6:25 PM
Location: əʞɐl ʇlɐs puɐ əlʇʇɐəs
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by cek »

wkohler wrote:That's all super, but it still works not from a mobile device. I figured it out on the iPhone or iOS world. The problem is you have to use the desktop site and then the issue is with selecting the whole bbcode linky dealie. You have to use two fingers to tap the address. Then it works. Of course, I SHOUDN'T HAVE TO FUCKING DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONEoneWonjuan.
I agree. It f**king drives me nuts that I don't have any easy way to post photos while mobile. I end up batching up posts I want to make until I am at a PC.
1st 5er
Posts: 20721
Joined: Jun 13, 2008 12:15 AM
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by 1st 5er »

Just found https://app.shoeboxapp.com/app
Anybody use this?

I'd like a host that'd upload the pics IN the files they are sorted to on the laptop.
1st 5er
Posts: 20721
Joined: Jun 13, 2008 12:15 AM
Location: Cypress
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by 1st 5er »

Do FaceBook links last?

Test pic:

Image
waxonwaxoff
Posts: 221
Joined: Jun 13, 2008 1:39 AM
Location: Southern Crowafornia

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by waxonwaxoff »

No. In posts I've made using facebook to upload pics, they have all expired. Some expired in less than a year.
jhh925
Posts: 765
Joined: Jul 11, 2015 12:23 AM
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by jhh925 »

Just gonna chime in that this place sucks out loud: http://abload.de/

I'm not sure what the attraction is for the uploader (I'm certainly open to learning). But for the user, the thumbnail that appears in the post is useless, and if you click on the pic, I'm nearly always forced to click through two or three pop-up ads.

And they're German, too.
wkohler
Posts: 50673
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by wkohler »

Oh, I couldn't follow any of those photos. I just looked at the thumbnail. Terrible.
Karl Grau
Posts: 9638
Joined: Mar 10, 2006 8:34 PM
Location: On the Beach

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by Karl Grau »

wkohler wrote:Terrible.
Image
wkohler
Posts: 50673
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by wkohler »

This so-called photo hosting service is very bad. Or so I've been told. Lots of people are telling me this. Important people. I'm very big league about this.
MicahO
Posts: 2481
Joined: Jan 07, 2010 8:50 AM
Location: Warwick, NY

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by MicahO »

Ignore this! I'm not doing this!
Last edited by MicahO on Feb 22, 2017 12:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.
MicahO
Posts: 2481
Joined: Jan 07, 2010 8:50 AM
Location: Warwick, NY

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by MicahO »

Is anyone else posting photos from Google Photos?

Without PicasaWeb, the links are all shit. Does this one work?

Image
wkohler
Posts: 50673
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by wkohler »

I do, but I see all of mine. Not sure if other people do. I still use the picasa uploader, but I have to go to photos.google.com to get them, then right click the photo and put the address in. Only way it seems to work.
MicahO
Posts: 2481
Joined: Jan 07, 2010 8:50 AM
Location: Warwick, NY

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by MicahO »

The actual Picasa-web was so much better to work with, when they let you select the size, etc.

I tried adding "=s800-tmp.jpg" (replace from the equals sign forward) to the end of the big photo link and it seems to be working, but as you mention I don't know if that's just for people who already have a connection to Google Photos or if it's for everyone. :?
wkohler
Posts: 50673
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by wkohler »

I still don't see your image.
MicahO
Posts: 2481
Joined: Jan 07, 2010 8:50 AM
Location: Warwick, NY

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by MicahO »

Image

Maybe this? Using a link from the "Album Archive" i.e. picasaweb, as you mentioned.
wkohler
Posts: 50673
Joined: Oct 05, 2006 11:04 PM
Location: Phönix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by wkohler »

I can see clearly now.
MicahO
Posts: 2481
Joined: Jan 07, 2010 8:50 AM
Location: Warwick, NY

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by MicahO »

Nice! I was happy with that output. :laugh:
cek
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mar 18, 2013 6:25 PM
Location: əʞɐl ʇlɐs puɐ əlʇʇɐəs
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by cek »

cek wrote:Stop using Photobucket. It's a piece of shit.
Truer words have not been written.

I've had a few beers this evening so piling on this aptly named thread. Haven't had a lot of time recently to play on mye28.com. Almost every thread I've visited tonight has f*cking broken photobucket links like this:

Image

Flickr may be a PITA to use, and now that Verizon owns Yahoo who owns Flickr, they are sure to try replicate the brilliance of Photobucket, but at least photos you put there stay there and links always work.
bkbimmer
Posts: 5856
Joined: Mar 02, 2007 3:33 AM
Location: Portland, Or.

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by bkbimmer »

I stuck with photobucket just to spite you. :)
cek
Posts: 8897
Joined: Mar 18, 2013 6:25 PM
Location: əʞɐl ʇlɐs puɐ əlʇʇɐəs
Contact:

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by cek »

bkbimmer wrote:I stuck with photobucket just to spite you. :)
Shocking.
Mike W.
Posts: 24832
Joined: Feb 12, 2006 1:00 PM
Location: Covid 19 Life during Wartime

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by Mike W. »

wkohler wrote:I can see clearly now.
the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way.
jhh925
Posts: 765
Joined: Jul 11, 2015 12:23 AM
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by jhh925 »

cek wrote:
cek wrote:Stop using Photobucket. It's a piece of shit.
Truer words have not been written.

I've had a few beers this evening so piling on this aptly named thread. Haven't had a lot of time recently to play on mye28.com. Almost every thread I've visited tonight has f*cking broken photobucket links like this:

Image

Flickr may be a PITA to use, and now that Verizon owns Yahoo who owns Flickr, they are sure to try replicate the brilliance of Photobucket, but at least photos you put there stay there and links always work.
This is really pissing me off (I'm sure a bunch of mucky-mucks at Verizon, Google, wherever just shuddered). I just went back to the stickied-B35 conversion thread only to find that the wiring guides originally posted by BradD are now gone. Fuck!!!! and fuck you, photobucket.

And it's killing me to think that cek is surely correct that Flickr will inevitably follow suit at some point.

Serious question, is there a permanent solution that this community could set up for hosting photos here? I'm sure it would involve $$, but it's not like we're not already spending tons on these cars and essentially using this place as our technical support guide.
camplo
Posts: 101
Joined: Dec 02, 2016 7:38 PM
Location: Bay Area

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by camplo »

jhh925 wrote: This is really pissing me off (I'm sure a bunch of mucky-mucks at Verizon, Google, wherever just shuddered). I just went back to the stickied-B35 conversion thread only to find that the wiring guides originally posted by BradD are now gone. Fuck!!!! and fuck you, photobucket.

And it's killing me to think that cek is surely correct that Flickr will inevitably follow suit at some point.

Serious question, is there a permanent solution that this community could set up for hosting photos here? I'm sure it would involve $$, but it's not like we're not already spending tons on these cars and essentially using this place as our technical support guide.
I use imgur and it works great. Easy to use and the photos arent going anywhere. Permanent? Probably not but it is one of the main hosting sites for reddit and that will not change anytime soon. I really dont mind making a guide if needed.
jhh925
Posts: 765
Joined: Jul 11, 2015 12:23 AM
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by jhh925 »

camplo wrote:I use imgur and it works great. Easy to use and the photos arent going anywhere.
Is that right? I'm looking at cek's post above:
cek wrote:I used imugr for those photos. Imugr is evil for forum photos because they get deleted after a period of time.
Post Reply