Drunk Photo Rant

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
oldskool

Re: Drunk Photo Rant

Post by oldskool »

cek wrote:
wkohler wrote:Everything sucks.
You listening to Depeche Mud again?
He's obviously listening to PRIMUS.
Chimi-Changa

Post by Chimi-Changa »

That Sharky sig pic doesn't suck though. Reminds me that WE are the Champions!
cek

Post by cek »

http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/7/856238 ... e-redesign
Flickr redesigns web and mobile apps to create a powerhouse in online photo storage
A major renovation for the once-neglected photo-sharing service

Today Flickr 4.0 is rolling out across the web, iOS, Android, PC, and Mac. A new tool called Uploadr, available for Mac and Windows, looks for photos on your hard drive and uploads them to a private Flickr album in the background. On Flickr.com, a new feature called Camera Roll organizes them into a reverse-chronological timeline. The Flickr mobile apps for iPhone and Android have been rewritten nearly from scratch, emphasizing your own photos over the ones taken by people you follow. And a powerful new search engine cuts through Flickr’s billions of photos with impressive smarts, letting you quickly filter them by keyword, size, shape, quality, and color among other tricks.

What’s impressive is what it’s doing for free: backing up a terabyte of photos from your main computer and your mobile devices, then making them easily searchable in the cloud. The rest of Flickr is still there: you can still follow great photographers, browse beautiful photos, and showcase your own. But among the solutions for backing up your photos online, Flickr has moved from the back of the pack to the front.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

I think that showing me an ad every three pictures I see is a really great thing. :roll:
cek

Post by cek »

wkohler wrote:I think that showing me an ad every three pictures I see is a really great thing. :roll:
Whatcha talkin about? I've never seen ads on Flickr. Are you saying they now have them? I just connected without signing in and scrolled through a bunch of photos and no ads came up. :confused:
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wtf_its_t ... 699009681/

I was looking at these photos. Three pictures, then I got this photo (roughly same size as the others) of some women. I thought they were at the event and said, "well, they do have attractive women there" and then I realized it would be wierd for them to all he holding up their AmEx cards and then at the bottom it said, "find out more at American Express." Then, 3 more photos. I see Flo and "Find out more at Progressive." I backed up two photos and got a picture of a security camera and "Find out more at ADT." Should I go on?
cek

Post by cek »

wkohler wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/wtf_its_t ... 699009681/

I was looking at these photos. Three pictures, then I got this photo (roughly same size as the others) of some women. I thought they were at the event and said, "well, they do have attractive women there" and then I realized it would be wierd for them to all he holding up their AmEx cards and then at the bottom it said, "find out more at American Express." Then, 3 more photos. I see Flo and "Find out more at Progressive." I backed up two photos and got a picture of a security camera and "Find out more at ADT." Should I go on?
I see. I went to that link, while not signed in, and saw the ads too. Boo.

When I'm signed in I don't see them.

I also don't see them in my photo stream (signed in or not). Do you? www.flickr.com/photos/ckindel.
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

I see no ad pictures when not signed in and browsing the gallery Chris linked to using Chrome with AdBlock installed.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

This pisses me off. It started auto-uploading my camera roll and thankfully it put it into an album but it still gives me no option for bbcode. I can copy a URL that takes me nowhwere. So, I still have to go use the desktop site and try to copy and paste the link from there but that takes over ten minutes a time since it won't let me select the whole fucking URL, just one set of characters between some punctuation mark and then it just disappears or does other stupid shit. What good are all these new "features" if you can't use them?!
BronzitDan

Post by BronzitDan »

I got AmEx, Solar City, Grand Canyon University, and then some info on rheumatoid arthritis! Did I win?

I have to say though as an avid browser of the archives it's quite a pain when you're scrolling down and somebody says there are pictures and then it's just half a dozen Photobucket logos. I also detest the fact that you can now only use a yahoo email to login to Flickr. I used to use it exclusively but I dumped yahoo many moons ago and I don't need another email address just to use Flickr. Of course that's nobody else's issue just my opinion.
Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

I see no ads with Firefox and adblock. It's good, very good. Doesn't catch everything, but most.
unt0uchable

Post by unt0uchable »

Jeremy wrote:I see no ad pictures when not signed in and browsing the gallery Chris linked to using Chrome with AdBlock installed.
+1 on this. That shit DOES work. Nice. :beer:

Negative on the photo feed as well. No ad's.
bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

I don't mind photobucket, apparently I'm an idiot but I'm OK with that.
ldsbeaker

Post by ldsbeaker »

wkohler wrote:This pisses me off. It started auto-uploading my camera roll and thankfully it put it into an album but it still gives me no option for bbcode. I can copy a URL that takes me nowhwere. So, I still have to go use the desktop site and try to copy and paste the link from there but that takes over ten minutes a time since it won't let me select the whole fucking URL, just one set of characters between some punctuation mark and then it just disappears or does other stupid shit. What good are all these new "features" if you can't use them?!

I thought I was alone, here. Whew. More than one person is taking crazy pills.
ldsbeaker

Post by ldsbeaker »

Testes:
(iPad)

(iPhone)

Sweet. I got it figgered out. Mix of desktop site, download, view all sizes, and not actually downloading the specific size. Now I can update some threads.

(If they don't throw me in flickr jail)
cek

Post by cek »

When viewing a photo, there's a icon on bottom right that is a swooping downward arrow. Click it and choose bbcode. Copy the contents of the edit box/url to clip board. Paste to your post on mye28. No need to go to download all resolutions.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

DOES NOT WORK. That's what I have been saying for the last year. App is garbage and even with the desktop site it can sometimes take 10 minutes or more to try to copy the code.
ldsbeaker

Post by ldsbeaker »

cek wrote:When viewing a photo, there's a icon on bottom right that is a swooping downward arrow. Click it and choose bbcode. Copy the contents of the edit box/url to clip board. Paste to your post on mye28. No need to go to download all resolutions.
Yeah. What kohler said. I'm assuming this is iOS specific or something. The flickr help page is full of threads saying the same thing, but it's way less important than auto-tagging, I guess. In the process, I'm not downloading all sizes, just tapping on the download button and going from there. I'll post some screenshots tomorrow. (Since I finally can!)
cek

Post by cek »

I use Chrome (not the Flickr app, but webpage). On a photo detail page, click the "up and to right" arrow.

Then click "BBcode", select your resolution (I usually do something around 1000 horizontal pixels).

Click the URL box (click anywhere in it) and the URL will be selected.

Then press Ctrl-c (or Cmd-c) to copy the BBCode to the clipboard.

Switch back to your mye28.com post and hit Ctrl-v (cmd-v) to paste.

Once you do it once, the next time you go back BBCode will automatically be selected (and the resolution remembered). Just hit Ctrl/Cmd-C to copy the BBCode text to the clipboard.

I'm not sure why it takes 10 minutes. Never has for me.
Last edited by cek on Sep 16, 2015 5:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Works fine on a computer. You might have noticed that the entire problem with the bullshit is with the mobile devices. Do you realize how easy it was to use the uploader from a phone? Easy. Now we can't do that. The Flickr app and mobile site do not provide any provisions for bbcode and when you use the desktop site, you cannot select the code. It is the only site I have problems with selecting something on with my phone. It is infuriating. I would like to follow their sharing rules but cannot since they make it impossible.
cek

Post by cek »

I just found a site that uses the Flickr API to generate BBCodes.

It's originally in Russian and is kinda clunky but it actually works.

http://www.photo2blog.ru/eng/

How to use:

- There are 5 icons across the top. You progress from left-to right as you post photos.
- Use Log In to authenticate against your Flickr account

- Next you need to configure it. Click on the wrench icon and select "default BBC" from the drop-down.
- You can either leave that template as is, or change it as I have done below by removing the excess junk after the closing [/url]:

- Change the 'default BBC' in the edit box on the bottom to something else ('mye28'), and press the 'save' button next to it:

- Now you can go back to select some photos. Click on the photos icon (2nd tab):

- Click on the Pencil icon ("Get the html and add text")
- Click "Generate html"

- Click "select code" button on bottom of page. The BBCode is now selected and you can copy it to the clipboard.

- Go back to your mye28.com browser and paste it in.

Works on my mobile browser (Windows phone) fine, should work on an iPhone.
ldsbeaker

Post by ldsbeaker »

That's awesome that you were able to backtrack the source of the code, you got to nerd out, etc.

I'mma let you finish, but I'm not going to do all of that.
adrian in florida

Post by adrian in florida »

This thread has to many words..Im confused. I like pictures.
crispy

Post by crispy »

Holy fuck all this is ridiculous. No wonder the dinosaurs died off. I don't know what the connection is.

This is almost as bad as putting songs on an iPod - and that's the same company writing both sides of the interface. So let me see if I got this right. Don't use Photobucket. Don't use flicker. Don't use Google+. Don't use any Russian sites. :dunno:
kzolee

Post by kzolee »

First Flickr try to embedding:

--------------
Image-
--------------

Not so sexy...