Problem updating profile

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
CharleyDog

Problem updating profile

Post by CharleyDog »

Hi Guys,

You all have helped me with this before, but I can't seem to find the thread nor PMs related to it.

I click on the "Profile" link to go to my profile page to add stuff to my sig line. When I arrive at my page, the email and current password fields are already populated. I think this is b/c Firefox is autopopulating those fields. I make the modification to my sig line and click "submit." I then get an error message telling me that my email address is already in use. Or, if I delete my email address or password or both and then submit the revisions, I get a similar error message.

Let me know if you need info re: the error messages or a better step-by-step. Thanks!

//Charley
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Post by Justin_FL »

Make sure the 3 password fields are blank/empty.

They are only required if you want to either:
  1. change the password (enter current one, then a new one twice)
    or
  2. change the email address (only enter the current password in the first box).
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

To be more complete, make sure the e-mail field reflects the current e-mail address you're using for this site, and the three password fields are completely blank.

Alternatively, turn off AutoComplete or the equivalent in whatever browser you're using.
CharleyDog

Post by CharleyDog »

Thanks, guys. I tried a dozen times using various iterations of deleting my email address and password, but I just turned off the autopopulate feature and that did it.