Wondering why this happens, and if I am the only one...

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
unt0uchable

Wondering why this happens, and if I am the only one...

Post by unt0uchable »

So for example:

This morning, I get to work, sign into my email, open up Google Chrome, load up mye28.com, and I have to log in. No problem, that's usually the case. Even when I check the little box. I think it has something to do with logging in on my smartphone or iPad, and then I come here, and it's logged out. No big deal. So then I log in, go back to the main page (via clicking the car in the upper left) and bam, ZERO new posts show up in my radar. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nothing highlighted like it's fresh. Even though my last time looking at the forum was around 9pm last night sitting on my couch on the iPad. I know this place doesn't go dormant at night. I know there are some crazies out there drunk posting, or of course, there is old skool who was probably posting inappropriate things about his meat sauce that he is serving to his best friend. Or maybe it's a local ricer boi asking Chris Kohler if he know's of any good upgradez for his m20...

Whatever it is, I want to know what is new so I can reeeaaddd! (Because who really works at work, right?)

Any ideas why this might be happening to me? Anyone else experience this?

(PS: This doesn't happen to me everytime, but multiple times a day in most cases. Even times when I have no logged in my phone/iPad in between visiting on the computer)
WilNJ

Post by WilNJ »

Happens to me too. I usually just guesstimate when I was last longed on and look at the time stamps for the latest post in the threads that interest me.
demetk

Post by demetk »

Same here. Now I don't log in from my phone. Even then there are times when my login gets reset, like when my browser gets restarted. Then I need to wait a few hours to see anything listed from the "View posts since last visited" option.
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Post by Justin_FL »

Don't check the box to let it keep you logged on, that is the only work around and will keep you logged in for up to 2 hours since your most recent activity. The "log me in automatically" session is good for 5 days.

I can explain the issue in more detail but there is no fix. Browsing from multiple devices or computers and using the "log me in automatically" does exacerbate the problem with multiple retained sessions on the sever creating confusion with the last read activity timestamp being earlier than the last login.

If I were to adjust the retained session time from 5 days, down to 1 day, it might help a little but won't make it go away.