Buyer/Seller Feedback

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.

Do the forum members agree?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 2

charter21p5

Buyer/Seller Feedback

Post by charter21p5 »

When I click through the buyer/seller feedback link it ends up being so many pages required to review for identification of bad sellers and buyers it almost seems to lose the value of having this thread.

If the goal was to ensure we don't get ripped off by dishonest sellers or buyers could we make a sticky thread listing who not to buy from or sell to?

I added a poll option for this thread so others can agree or disagree with my comments.
BuzzBomb

Post by BuzzBomb »

The biggest problem with the blacklist is that someone who has an otherwise faithful following can have an unfortunate experience with someone along the way too. Does this mean that this one event should put this person on a shun list? Who is the judge and jury, and what must one do to defend himself who is accused of something so they can be taken off of this list? I agree that it's a long thread, but the blacklist alternative is sounding a bit too McCarthy era to me. Maybe it would help to put a note in the first post of that sticky about using the search function to locate a member name who you want to do business with, to save time going page by page looking for someone.
tsmall07
Beamter
Beamter

Post by tsmall07 »

I agree with both comments above to some extent. You can use the Google search feature to identify instances of someone's username in a particular thread. I can't recall how, though.
WilNJ

Post by WilNJ »

tsmall07 wrote:I agree with both comments above to some extent. You can use the Google search feature to identify instances of someone's username in a particular thread. I can't recall how, though.
you can use the regular search function and limit it to the For Sale threads, even the most prolific sellers and buyer shouldn't return an unmanageable number of results.
tsmall07
Beamter
Beamter

Post by tsmall07 »

WilNJ wrote:
tsmall07 wrote:I agree with both comments above to some extent. You can use the Google search feature to identify instances of someone's username in a particular thread. I can't recall how, though.
you can use the regular search function and limit it to the For Sale threads, even the most prolific sellers and buyer shouldn't return an unmanageable number of results.
When you do that, it lists instances of a username in a post by thread, not by page or by post. That will leave you having to still search the thread in question page by page.

I found these instructions from Jeremy in another thread that will at least get you to each page in which a particular username is mentioned.
Jeremy wrote:Use the Google custom search part of the forum search. Enter the search string as follows (quote symbols and all)

"Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread. Post your experiences here." AND "username"

Should at least get you close with only a few results to deal with.
I'm adding the above instructions to the first post of the feedback thread.
charter21p5

Post by charter21p5 »

Jeremy wrote:Use the Google custom search part of the forum search. Enter the search string as follows (quote symbols and all)

"Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread. Post your experiences here." AND "username"

Should at least get you close with only a few results to deal with.
I'm adding the above instructions to the first post of the feedback thread.
Very cool. Thanks!