Banned from myE28.com access from home?(after avatar upload)

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
StolenFox

Banned from myE28.com access from home?(after avatar upload)

Post by StolenFox »

Anyone know why I cannot access this site on my home network even though the broadband is fine and I can go anywhere else I want on the interwebz?

No problem getting on here at work....

S.F.
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Post by Justin_FL »

Do you get an error message? PM me your IP address at home and I can look in the error logs for the site.
StolenFox

Post by StolenFox »

well, i think i figured it out....

Tried to upload a new avatar pic just a minute ago and now it wont let me access here from work via our network. Log on using my laptop's wireless card and we are good to go. Now that I think about it, I tried to upload the same pic (V8 engine shot) from home when this mess started.

Can any of the mods help "reset" my access. I promise I'll never, ever try to upload another avatar!

S.F.
StolenFox

Post by StolenFox »

Justin_FL wrote:Do you get an error message? PM me your IP address at home and I can look in the error logs for the site.
How do I find the IP address for my home & work networks?

Thanks!
S.F.
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Post by Justin_FL »

You can goto http://ip-lookup.net/

I need the address to see if you are getting snagged by ZB Block-- it uses a combination of malicious behavior filtering and black lists. These aren't perfect so innocents can be blocked but you should get an obvious page describing what has happened.

I don't need your work address, I see what happened, but do send me your home address.
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Post by Justin_FL »

Hmm, yeah, looks like ZB Block sees the phpBB avatar upload as a malicious action so it instantly banned you.

I disabled the rule for now so avatar uploads should work properly.

Your work IP should be removed from block now and probably your home one, too. I cleared out the list.
adrian in florida

Post by adrian in florida »

Justin , you rock.
I'm just sayin.
You provide better service for free than my IT group does for my organization and they get paid a lot
unt0uchable

Post by unt0uchable »

adrian in florida wrote:Justin , you rock.
I'm just sayin.
You provide better service for free than my IT group does for my organization and they get paid a lot
Correct. Winnar winnnar. It's appreciated all around.
StolenFox

Post by StolenFox »

Justin_FL wrote:You can goto http://ip-lookup.net/

I need the address to see if you are getting snagged by ZB Block-- it uses a combination of malicious behavior filtering and black lists. These aren't perfect so innocents can be blocked but you should get an obvious page describing what has happened.

I don't need your work address, I see what happened, but do send me your home address.
Justin FTW!!! Work is back online, i'll pm you the home IP this afternoon.

Thanks!
S.F.
StolenFox

Post by StolenFox »

Justin_FL wrote:
I disabled the rule for now so avatar uploads should work properly.
Yeah, so I messed it up again.... Tried to upload the avatar pic and it gave me the boot. Would you mind resetting me again?

Screw the avatar!

Thank you.
S.F.
Justin_FL
MyE28 IT Guru
MyE28 IT Guru

Post by Justin_FL »

StolenFox wrote:Yeah, so I messed it up again.... Tried to upload the avatar pic and it gave me the boot. Would you mind resetting me again?

Screw the avatar!

Thank you.
S.F.
I believe the issue is now resolved, see if you can upload an avatar. It worked for me.
leadphut

Post by leadphut »

adrian in florida wrote:Justin , you rock.
I'm just sayin.
One of these people loves their work.

Thanks Justin!