Profile too long?

MyE28.com Forum system comments and questions. Please post registration, login, or general forum usage problems here.
davintosh

Re: Profile too long?

Post by davintosh »

Jeremy wrote:I made changes tonight. I'm not entirely sure that they work, at least they don't appear to have an effect on existing signatures. The new rules might only apply to changes from here forward. Could you test it out for me and let me know what you notice, Dave? I know you enjoy pushing the signature limits, so I figure testing might be right in your wheelhouse.
Something is broken; I tried using a different image and got this when I clicked Preview:
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.

I bailed out, went back to the sig editor, hit preview on my current sig photo, and it gave me the same error. I created a 10x10 pixel test image and inserted the link; same-o.

What'd you do?
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

I turned on image size limits for signatures. Clearly it doesn't quite work. That's disappointing. I guess I've got no other choice except to disable IMG tags entirely. Shucks.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

Really, Jeremy? :roll:

Just give me the keys; I'll fix it for you.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Shit, while you've got the keys please go back into the Tailpipe and remove the censorship and gaggle of rabid liberal assholes. Thanx
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

davintosh wrote:Really, Jeremy? :roll:

Just give me the keys; I'll fix it for you.
Just teasing. It just took me a little bit to get back in there and revert the changes. I'd like to disallow img tags in sigs as I've stated before. I don't see the point, but others seem to like using them.
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Post by mooseheadm5 »

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, how can you possibly care that much about a damn signature that virtually everyone scrolls past anyway? I see you've even thrown in the excerpt from a novel I mentioned before.
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

mooseheadm5 wrote:Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, how can you possibly care that much about a damn signature that virtually everyone scrolls past anyway? I see you've even thrown in the excerpt from a novel I mentioned before.
Oh, you mentioned it once before? I guess I should change the attribution then... :roll:
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Re:

Post by mooseheadm5 »

mooseheadm5 wrote:Without a limit, some people will include a list of cars that they have seen once in their life in their signature or insert an excerpt from their novel.
OK, so it isn't your novel, but you get the idea.
davintosh

Re: Re:

Post by davintosh »

mooseheadm5 wrote:
mooseheadm5 wrote:Without a limit, some people will include a list of cars that they have seen once in their life in their signature or insert an excerpt from their novel.
OK, so it isn't your novel, but you get the idea.
And if it happens, Beamters (and/or other responsible members of the forum) kindly remind them to tidy it up, just like I get reminders when my images are too large.

In case you haven't read the whole thread, limiting the sig line to a few hundred characters won't stop people from creating overly tall signatures. The character limit is an arcane holdover from the dialup days, and really should just fade into memory. I'll leave it at that, but if you want to argue the point, I'll be around.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

oldskool wrote:Shit, while you've got the keys please go back into the Tailpipe and remove the censorship and gaggle of rabid liberal assholes. Thanx
Jeremy
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Jeremy »

oldskool wrote:
oldskool wrote:Shit, while you've got the keys please go back into the Tailpipe and remove the censorship and gaggle of rabid liberal assholes. Thanx
Nobody has been censored. Rabid assholes get their right to post revoked. You're a case in point.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

I see, said the blind man.