Post up your Suspension Setup *PICS*

Post your photos and videos here!
slammin_e28

Post by slammin_e28 »

1.5 coils cut up front on unknown lowering springs. 2 coils cut rear on stock springs w/blown shocks. :cool: Tires are too tall, I know. New ones coming in Spring.

Summer is going to bring some Bilstein Sports w/Spax. Also have some adjustible sways waiting on me to get some new brackets & bushings. Before then I'll probably cut another coil just for shits and giggles. I do have a spare oil pan. :rofl:
Moose

Post by Moose »

Fox wrote:
D Unit asked what I was thinking. Looks great! One ride in my car and you'll definitely be praising the spax setup. I need to do some shocks overhauling and revalving. If I ever go back to springs, spax is definitely top on my list.
I drove Mikes 6 from Tennesse to Chicago on your coilovers haha. It was a bit harsh but I still would definitely want them. Playing with the valving a bit should help out.
D Unit

Post by D Unit »

Just curios, but where is everyone purchasing their Boge Turbo Gas shocks? Will I be okay with these and some Spax springs?
asuj158

Post by asuj158 »

SpasticDwarf wrote:Fox, so sick. :)

Here's mine:

Cut springs:

back when I loved your car
Fox

Post by Fox »

Moose wrote:
Fox wrote:
D Unit asked what I was thinking. Looks great! One ride in my car and you'll definitely be praising the spax setup. I need to do some shocks overhauling and revalving. If I ever go back to springs, spax is definitely top on my list.
I drove Mikes 6 from Tennesse to Chicago on your coilovers haha. It was a bit harsh but I still would definitely want them. Playing with the valving a bit should help out.
Rofl! I forgot about the 6er for a minute. Well, I don't know when the front koni's blew, must have been very shortly after we put the coilovers in mine...so those are done. I don't even know what shocks are now in the front, whatever Luci decided to throw in there, but it's pretty bad right now. The front is definitely more enjoyable than sitting in the rear, which you're probably aware of. I got airborne off the seat sitting in the back while Mike M. was driving on the freeway, from the bounce. That was pretty cool. :cool:
Auke

Post by Auke »

K.A.W -65/45mm. 215/45-17 on BBS RC 090's.

E28YA

Post by E28YA »

Alpina 17x8 fronts and 17x9.5 rears
Bilstein Sport shocks
Spax lowering springs

Handles really well.

Cheers.
Was
Coldswede
Location: Back U.P. North,. Where the water's blue, the wind is free and seasons four.

Post by Coldswede »

Is that the "Transporter" leaning against that there BMW? :heehee:
E28YA

Post by E28YA »

Coldswede wrote:Is that the "Transporter" leaning against that there BMW? :heehee:
"Their" you mean ;)
BATESY

Post by BATESY »

Random coil sleeves with 350/450 springs and Billy Sports on all 4's. Keeping it real. Sorry for the pictures, Im fucking broke and I a DD a turbo e28 and need a nice camera.

BATESY

Post by BATESY »

Evan wrote:Ground Control coil-overs and Koni Yellows

Dude you car is easily 1 and half inches lower now.........you need some newer pics.
bimmerman78

Post by bimmerman78 »

loving this thread!!!

Bav Auto springs, billy sports, 18" Mile Miglia 245/40 and 255/35.

I really like the ride quality. I am in the process of urethane subframe mounts, KONI adjustable bars, strut bars, and some reinforcements
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

4playcamaro wrote:loving this thread!!!

Bav Auto springs, billy sports, 18" Mile Miglia 245/40 and 255/35.

I really like the ride quality. I am in the process of urethane subframe mounts, KONI adjustable bars, strut bars, and some reinforcements
Sweet...
bimmerman78

Post by bimmerman78 »

C.R. Krieger wrote:You guys do realize that the antiroll bars are totally irrelevant to ride height and that the shocks, if gas-charged, only make an infinitesimal difference. All you're looking at is the difference in springs and wheel sizes ...
You might want to go back to the first post, where he says "and your thoughts on the ride quality"
Antiroll bars have a lot to do with ride quality, my friend.

Memo
BATESY

Post by BATESY »

4playcamaro wrote:
C.R. Krieger wrote:You guys do realize that the antiroll bars are totally irrelevant to ride height and that the shocks, if gas-charged, only make an infinitesimal difference. All you're looking at is the difference in springs and wheel sizes ...
You might want to go back to the first post, where he says "and your thoughts on the ride quality"
Antiroll bars have a lot to do with ride quality, my friend.

Memo
anti roll bar doesnt effect ride quality. there for ANTI ROLL!!! as in around corners not straight roads or bumps. if you know how to set up roll bars and not bind them then you will not effect ride quailty.

if you want to know how to adjust them you need hiem end links and read up about it, other wise your awesome roll bars aint doing shit.
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Post by mooseheadm5 »

They do something regardless of whether you have the end links adjusted properly or not, but the rate changes.

They do have a small contribution to ride quality. Whenever you go over a bump with just one wheel the bar becomes active.
Coldswede
Location: Back U.P. North,. Where the water's blue, the wind is free and seasons four.

Post by Coldswede »

E28YA wrote:
Coldswede wrote:Is that the "Transporter" leaning against that there BMW? :heehee:
"Their" you mean ;)
Actually, I meant it just as I wrote it, using "Their" would be incorrect.

But the car looks good no matter how you spell it.
bimmerman78

Post by bimmerman78 »

mooseheadm5 wrote:They do something regardless of whether you have the end links adjusted properly or not, but the rate changes.

They do have a small contribution to ride quality. Whenever you go over a bump with just one wheel the bar becomes active.
Amen.

I just finished installing mine, and adjusted to the tight end, the ride DID get firmer, and softer when set to the loose side.

My $0.02
bimmerman78

Post by bimmerman78 »

mooseheadm5 wrote:They do something regardless of whether you have the end links adjusted properly or not, but the rate changes.

Amen.

I just finished installing mine, and adjusted to the tight end, the ride DID get firmer, and softer when set to the loose side.

My $0.02
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Ummm... by my old math, that adds up to $0.04.
E28YA

Post by E28YA »

Coldswede wrote:
E28YA wrote:
"Their" you mean ;)
Actually, I meant it just as I wrote it, using "Their" would be incorrect.

But the car looks good no matter how you spell it.
lol all good dude :) appreciate it.

Cheers
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

Dinan springs and Bilstein Sports

pnguyen84

Post by pnguyen84 »

Anyone running H&Rs?
bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

ST springs and bilstein sports.

1st 5er