Introduction to my 535is

Post your photos and videos here!
Hughman

Introduction to my 535is

Post by Hughman »

Hello everyone,
I've owned my 1987 Alpine White 535is, 5sp for over a quarter of a century. It's been stored in my garage for over 20 years...

Condition: 187K miles, absolutely no rust (CA car since new), leather is dry, a couple of small dash cracks, have original IS air dam in very good condition with all paint removed, black power coated US bumpers, UUC short kit, ALL remaining gear selector parts replaced, new guibo, currently rolling on Style 9 alloys....and many other new parts.

I've been collecting parts for years...most recently a set of restored Style 20 alloys. I tried to purchase parts in the "For Sale / Wanted Parts" forum, but don't have the ability to leave PMs at this time.

Here are a few photos after being parked in the same location for over 18 years.

Thanks for viewing!
Hugh
Last edited by Hughman on Nov 19, 2022 11:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Spen

Re: Introduction to my 535is

Post by Spen »

Images no worky. Please fix!
Hughman

Post by Hughman »

Thanks for letting me know! (I can see them...I'll read the process to post google images)
I'll fix them tomorrow evening...

Hugh
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

Nice. Looks like someone is getting euro bumpers!
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

I'm looking forward to following your progress, Hughman. I'm curious--why did you park your car all of those years ago?
Hughman

Post by Hughman »

Mdreamer wrote: Nov 28, 2022 12:16 PM I'm looking forward to following your progress, Hughman. I'm curious--why did you park your car all of those years ago?
@Mdreamer...mainly due to time constraints and all of life's trials and hurdles...young family, house projects, other car projects and a demanding career. Luckily, I've had garage space to keep it out of the elements and on the back burner. On the flip-side, I made the mistake of selling my partially restored '71 240Z 14 years ago. It was a car I drove through college and owned it for over 20 years....I'm bummed ever time I see one for sale; I never see one on the road in sunny SoCal.

Cheers,
Hugh
Mdreamer

Post by Mdreamer »

I completely empathize with your reasons, as I am living through some of them as I type this. Your chagrin about selling your 240Z is painful to read about, and my personal relationship to those cars is based on my neighbor having had a blue one, along with a yellow 2000, and a white 510 when I was an adolescent. Hopefully the progress you make with your 535is will eclipse those feelings.
cek

Post by cek »

Sub'd for updates!