Post your photos and videos here!
cek

Re: '75 E12 530i Mini-Build Thread

Post by cek »

This thread still delivers. Yum.
Koopman

Post by Koopman »

The car looks great. Hard to find these gems. If interested I have a NEW FACTORY BLUE BOOK BINDER that I am selling.
Thanks
Panici

Post by Panici »

Love the choice of interior fabric (both texture and colour)! Looking forward to more updates.
JBs old sedans

Post by JBs old sedans »

Literally just created an account here to say how happy I am to finally find SOME kind of info on e12 sound system things. I have a 78 530i that someone had at one point (probably early 90s) installed a sound system with an amp and it was all done very poorly. MILES of wiring that wasn't necessary and hacked out speaker holes. Im going to run all new audio wiring with a small amp and speakers. Maybe a lil sub. Any current updates? Hows the system working out? And where did you get those floor mats from?? I need those.
muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

Now that this thread got revived, would be great to see photos of the finished build.
MrZ

Post by MrZ »

JBs old sedans wrote: Jul 20, 2023 9:57 PM Literally just created an account here to say how happy I am to finally find SOME kind of info on e12 sound system things. I have a 78 530i that someone had at one point (probably early 90s) installed a sound system with an amp and it was all done very poorly. MILES of wiring that wasn't necessary and hacked out speaker holes. Im going to run all new audio wiring with a small amp and speakers. Maybe a lil sub. Any current updates? Hows the system working out? And where did you get those floor mats from?? I need those.
The sound system has worked out well given the limitations on speaker choice and wanting to keep the various components as hidden as possible. Floor mats were NOS from German eBay. Doubtful that another set will be easy to come by.
muleskinner wrote: Jul 25, 2023 2:15 PM Now that this thread got revived, would be great to see photos of the finished build.
I'll post an update over the weekend. Have to go through pictures.