Lookee what I just bought! Edit: Whaddya think??

Post your photos and videos here!
knunger

Lookee what I just bought! Edit: Whaddya think??

Post by knunger »

Chris K put these up a couple of months ago and they stuck in the back of my mind.
I bought a bronzit/pearl beige '86 535is years ago because it was mechanically awesome (MM 3.8 L kit and drivetrain and zero rust). The paint was horrible (several oversprays) and I always wanted a zinno 5 so I stripped it down and painted it Zinnoberot myself (worst decision I've ever made in my life).

The pearl beige works well in Tucson, but I've always loved the red/black 5ers out there.

So, without really thinking about it, I scrimped some benjamins and put them in an envelope and then I had enough so I contacted Chris and Viola! I have basically newly re-upholstered black/white interior in an awesome houndstooth!

ImageDSCN0529 by Kim Unger, on Flickr

ImageDSCN0528 by Kim Unger, on Flickr

I am in the process of converting the pearl beige plastic bits to black (duplicolor adhesive promoter and SEM 15243 satin black) and when its all over and done I'll post more photos.

Of course, I now have most of a pearl beige interior that I dont need. The seats are in OK condition (except the driver which has a chunk missing from the bolster. All seat motors work and all the door cards are in good shape. I am willing to give them to a good home for free, you just need to come get them (Ralph: are you listening?) I'll post a separate FS post one of these days...

Edit:: All done except for dash, console, carpet...

ImageDSCN0546 by Kim Unger, on Flickr

ImageDSCN0545 by Kim Unger, on Flickr

ImageDSCN0544 by Kim Unger, on Flickr

ImageDSCN0543 by Kim Unger, on Flickr

I'm loving having a unique interior!
Last edited by knunger on Dec 07, 2019 6:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.
wkohler

Re: Lookee what I just bought!

Post by wkohler »

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Also, I’d be down to take your old stuff off your hands. ;)
knunger

Post by knunger »

I am going to craigslist this entire pearl beige interior on craigslist here in Tucson and see if I can get a couple hundred bucks

When it doesn’t happen in a month or so I’ll let you know.
Then you can send Inebrio Down to Tucson with his ox cart and I will turn it all over to you.

Hell it is a nice pearl beige interior! I was very proud of that until this deal came up.
Adam W in MN

Post by Adam W in MN »

Congrats and funny that my old interior found its way into another red E28.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Can't wait to see it!

Did you ever get that hot dog cleaned up off the floor? After I bumped into you down the road leaving Paddy day? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

Nebraska_e28 wrote:Can't wait to see it!

Did you ever get that hot dog cleaned up off the floor? After I bumped into you down the road leaving Paddy day? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
HOT DOG???
knunger

Post by knunger »

kojo96 wrote:

HOT DOG???
Dave: Yah, I'd just bought a QuickMart deluxe dog (sauerkraut, onions, relish,mustard, pickles, the works) had it in my lap as I was leaving Gila Bend and had to make an unexpected lane change to get back on the I8.

Disaster ensued. I pulled over into some lot to clean up the mess and who pulls up next to me?? LJ on his way back to Nebraska!

He saw a red e28 driving erratically into a vacant lot and pulled over to see if the driver had a heart attack or something.

LJ: I am still pulling dried up diced onions out of the front seat rails. I really don't think all of that disaster will be over until I finish this interior swap.

Oh, and, thanks for reminding me...
kojo96

Post by kojo96 »

knunger wrote:
kojo96 wrote:

HOT DOG???
Dave: Yah, I'd just bought a QuickMart deluxe dog (sauerkraut, onions, relish,mustard, pickles, the works) had it in my lap as I was leaving Gila Bend and had to make an unexpected lane change to get back on the I8.

Disaster ensued. I pulled over into some lot to clean up the mess and who pulls up next to me?? LJ on his way back to Nebraska!

He saw a red e28 driving erratically into a vacant lot and pulled over to see if the driver had a heart attack or something.

LJ: I am still pulling dried up diced onions out of the front seat rails. I really don't think all of that disaster will be over until I finish this interior swap.

Oh, and, thanks for reminding me...
Kim, THE WORKS!!! too funny, made my night. No hot dogs for you this coming March with that new interior!