New BMW CS Vintage Concept

Post your photos and videos here!
Preacher's 5

New BMW CS Vintage Concept

Post by Preacher's 5 »

Hey guys, I came across this article in Pinterest this morning, thought you would find it interesting. I like the concept and hope that BMW would build it.

Tomorrow: BMW CS Vintage Concept
The wave has built up, now it is time to surf it. David Obendorfer had recently landed a veritable Internet hit with his idea of ​​a Fiat 127 . Now he is firing the BMW CS Vintage Concept.
Like the Fiat , the BMW is only available on the computer. Obendorfer wants to connect two legends from Bavaria with this design and bring them into the future. The 1968 BMW E9 and the 1965 BMW 2000 CS.In the spirit of the 1960s, the interior is very simple. Theoretically, the car could even be built. Obendorfer thought of practicality and designed the BMW CS Vintage Concept based on the current 6 Series. The dimensions - there are no official figures - are likely to be far removed from the compact dimensions of earlier models. Obendorfer has been working for "Officina Italiana Design" for five years now. The office around the designers Mauro Micheli and Sergio Beretta works for Riva Yachts. His car, however, creates Obendorfer as a private pleasure.

Here is the YouTube video link also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_NmpR6m8Q
stuartinmn

Re: New BMW CS Vintage Concept

Post by stuartinmn »

Interesting car, but the graphic design was done in 2014 by an independent person. I'd say there's no chance BMW ever had any connection to it.
Foonfer

Post by Foonfer »

wherever, whenever this was done by whoever using whichever equipment, 5 rendered views and this work is orders of magnitude better than Chris Bangle's.

Of course, anyone's work is better than Chris Bangle's. This one just so happens to be several orders of magnitude better.
Das_Prachtstrasse

Post by Das_Prachtstrasse »

Foonfer wrote:wherever, whenever this was done by whoever using whichever equipment, 5 rendered views and this work is orders of magnitude better than Chris Bangle's.

Of course, anyone's work is better than Chris Bangle's. This one just so happens to be several orders of magnitude better.
I think Bangle’s less popular work (e6x range etc) has aged rather well. I also think that rendering is butt ugly and a poor representation of the original.