zypressengrün 745i rebirth

Post your photos and videos here!
igotbank

Re: zypressengrün 745i rebirth

Post by igotbank »

definitely a nice build! what suspension are you running and are you still using g stock exhaust?
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

mottati wrote:great looking car, love the color.

So when is that california e23 meet happening ??
Thanks man, I've been itching for a green e23 for the last 5 years at least. I'm game to get something on the books sooner rather than later.
Life is too short. Drive an e23!
Even if there's only 5 or 6 of us it'll still be a blast!

Hit Man X wrote:I still remember the late night phone call from you guys when beta testing that proto wastegate. You guys giggled at the difference in power, as if you had just seen your first pair of titties. :laugh:
Best mod EVER for a 745i!!! Thanks for all the back end communication with various parties & effort to make this a reality!

LuckyHenriksen wrote:I've loved this color on E21's, and its even better on an E23! :D

mottati wrote:great looking car, love the color.

So when is that california e23 meet happening ??
When is this going to happen, and can Oregonians crash the party??
Thanks for the props. I saw a restored e21 in the same color. Badass!

Will stir the pot soon for a meet, stay tuned! e23's featured (for the 2nd time in history) You're more than welcome to show!

igotbank wrote:definitely a nice build! what suspension are you running and are you still using g stock exhaust?
Since Spax are NLA, I wanted to roll the dice in trying something a bit risky. I'm running VMaxx springs (made in Netherlands) & Bilstein HD. The struts will get custom valving soon. So far I'm VERY happy with the setup & feel it will be perfectly dialed in when revalving occurs.
As for exhaust, I copied the setup I'm running on my other 745i. Front resonator delete & keeping the big center resonator and rear muffler. LOVE the sound! Zero resonance in the cabin with just a hint of rumble from the back. Even most Grandparents would agree it's pleasant but lets you know something's hidden.
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

:laugh: it was intentional, because you need to show in an E23 at TexFest, Hitman.
Hit Man X

Post by Hit Man X »

Are my non BMW vehicles that bad at Texfest? :shock:

:rofl:

At least I have not given up on the E23 and I keep making parts for them!
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

I've been slacking with the picture updates, but will try to whip up a few more this week mostly from the engine build. I'm at roughly 7000 miles since rebuild, zero oil usage or leaks. Blackstone oil samples came back within spec as well. I'd say my first rebuild has been a success.

This weekend I'm plotting to semi-debut the car at SoCal Vintage. Hopefully some of you can attend & we'll chat it up! Car stuff, turbos, franzia, etc!!!
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

I found myself behind the wheel of zypressengrun at TexFest 2022. Oh my, so much fun. I had ahab in the passenger seat.

It fully affirmed the direction of my build. And luckily I have all the parts, except a low gearing S diff. I got a S3.73 on the shelf which is going to be too much.

Thanks, LJ.
vonspringer

Post by vonspringer »

Hello,
My name is Michal, I'm from Poland, and recently I've started to have a problem with the wastegate of my 745i from 1986. I have a question about the spare wastegate valve, which seemed to be a mix of Tial's valve F38 and a lower part (with the spring and housing) from the original BMW's 11651286421. Am I right? How was it prepared? Could you please share some advice?

Tial still has F38 on their website
https://tialsport-outlet.com/products/c ... 0849804444

cheer Michal
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Pavel wrote: Oct 11, 2022 1:54 PM I found myself behind the wheel of zypressengrun at TexFest 2022. Oh my, so much fun. I had ahab in the passenger seat.

It fully affirmed the direction of my build. And luckily I have all the parts, except a low gearing S diff. I got a S3.73 on the shelf which is going to be too much.

Thanks, LJ.
You are Very welcome my good man!

vonspringer wrote: Aug 07, 2023 1:10 PM Hello,
My name is Michal, I'm from Poland, and recently I've started to have a problem with the wastegate of my 745i from 1986. I have a question about the spare wastegate valve, which seemed to be a mix of Tial's valve F38 and a lower part (with the spring and housing) from the original BMW's 11651286421. Am I right? How was it prepared? Could you please share some advice?

Tial still has F38 on their website
https://tialsport-outlet.com/products/c ... 0849804444

cheer Michal
Mine was custom modified by Hitman X here on the forum. You might ping him.