I weld

Post your photos and videos here!
cek

Re: I weld

Post by cek »

CJ bought me a CR Spotless water system last year for my birthday. It's da-bomb. Makes washing cars tons easier because there's no need to dry. The water is just hydrogen and oxygen so when it evaporates there's nothing left. It really does work.

I then bought myself this really nice Kranzle pressure washer to go with it. Using a pressure washer reduces the amount of water used making the filter stuff last longer. Plus a pressure washer is a must for a foam gun. This thing is compact but HEAVY.

See where this is going?

I still need some hose fittings to permanently connect the output of the filter to the input of the washer, and I've ordered some quick disconnects. Once they come I'l fabricate a holder for my wands and foam gun (which always tips over and spills!).
ElGuappo

Post by ElGuappo »

That is wicked cool...
e28Sean

Post by e28Sean »

ElGuappo wrote:That is wicked cool...

Indeed. I'm a bit jelly.
cek

Post by cek »

Y'all may remember this welding cart I got on Amazon.

It sucks.

Even with just one bottle on it, the front casters don't turn, and have flat spotted. It's also tipsy.

I have a project that requires me to do some aluminum welding. This, of course, has required me to purchase a new spool gun as well as procure a tank of pure argon.

The shitty cart will not do, as-is. So...

- I bought new, bigger, rear wheels, widened the track, and added beef.
- I bought new, bigger, front casters and mounted them wider
- I hacked up the tank holder to securely hold two bottles

It ain't purdy (neither are most of my welds) but it does the job.

I have been storing auto glass and some windshields on the floor, leaning against the wall. This is not the way to do it. I already had one brand new OE BMW E28 windshield break because of this. So I bought a glass holder on Amazon and fabricated a bracket.

OAG Windshield Protection Auto Glass Truck Cargo Management Rack (5 Lite Slots Rack)

Now I they are safe and secure and I have more room for my wheel fort.

Minerva, Maytag, and the 911 all snug, ready for bed.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

The windshield rack is a nice idea. Wish it wasn’t so expensive but 4 windshields in their boxes do take up a lot of space, especially since I misjudged the boxes’ ability to make it around the corner into my parts bedroom, so they’re in my living room.