The Fleet (SFW)

Post your photos and videos here!
cek

Re: The Fleet (SFW)

Post by cek »

Helga, the 2010 Audi Q7 and Deiselgate victim, continues to be amazing at 105k miles. Just drove her round trip from SLC to Jackson Hole. Here she is all cleaned up afterward.

muleskinner

Post by muleskinner »

and people wonder where that huge kidney grill on new bimmers came from.
cek

Post by cek »

Uglina time!

She's back from the shop. Again.

I'm happy with the paint now. My ceramic guy (Dusty at Envision Detail) has offered to re-coat the door and fender and I'm grateful for that.

While it was there I had them install a Kioto headlight kit.

We figured out part of the defogger problem: The hose connecting the heater box to the vent was FUBARed. With that fixed, we thought all would be good. However, the amount of hot air the blows out the top is about the amount you'd expect a baby butterfly to generate. I know these things were never great, but there should be more air. In Vent, there's tons of flow but almost none in Heat or Def. The output of the fan seems strong. I suspect it is either the fan or the resistor pack at this point. Any insight?

We also discovered the hoses from the heater to the dash are pre-78 and don't have connections for the side window vents! Are those parts still available somewhere as I'd really like to have those vents work?

Hit a nice "mile"stone driving around today:

But, best of all, I got some more great snow pics and *had* to put her in 4H ;)

Love.

Still to do:
  • I've not played out winch and re-wound it yet (you are supposed to this according to the manual).
  • Re-do door seals (I put gaskets in 2006-7 and didn't do a great job and a few are loose).
  • I think one of the speakers' cones is bad as I get distortion sometimes.
  • Fix Alternator/AC belt whine
maybeillbuyit

Post by maybeillbuyit »

This constant posting of pics of that FJ40 is going to cost me money. A friend of mine who is from Brasil and spends time there, imports Land Rover Defenders and can get cheap probably clapped out FJ40s and the like. These pics are pushing me to make a grave mistake in my pursuit of more rusty stuff I don't need. :laugh: More please!
cek

Post by cek »

Hmmm... Didn't quite line it up right. Will try again tomorrow.