The Fleet (SFW)

Post your photos and videos here!
cek

The Fleet (SFW)

Post by cek »

1988 Porsche 911 Carrera - Venetian Blue over Linen with Marine trim. No sunroof. 15" Fuchs. ~42k miles.

1987 BMW 535is "Vlad" - Zinnoberrot over Anthracite & Black. M30B35. Euro conversion. ~207k miles.

1987 BMW 528e "Maytag" - Alpinweiss over Anthacite & Porsche Tartan Blue/Green. M20B27 stroker. 5-speed conversion. ~216k miles.

1985 BMW 528i "Minerva" - Porsche Arrow Blue over Anthacite & Houndstooth. Steve Dinan-built S54B33 & 6-speed. ~1000 miles.

1978 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser "Uglina" - Mustard Yellow. ~80k miles

2016 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Off-Road "Dwanda"

2016 BMW M4 "Lola" - Yas Marina Blue over Silverstone

2014 Audi Q5 "Jaquizz" - White

2010 Audi Q7 TDi "Helga" - 105k miles
Last edited by cek on Oct 26, 2020 2:56 PM, edited 4 times in total.
kzolee

Re: New Addition to the Fleet

Post by kzolee »

Very creative topic title. :laugh:

You are now a collector. ;)
cek

Re: The Fleet

Post by cek »

Heh.

1988 M5 (technically belongs to Ivo, but possession is 9/10ths of law, right?)
1988 911 Carerra, Ventiablau on Linen/Marine (35K miles)
1987 535is (Vlad) (186K miles)
1988 535is (salavage/parts car on lift)
1987 528e (Maytag) (210K miles)
1985 528i Euro (The blue car)

Red, white, and blue.
Last edited by cek on Oct 21, 2015 9:27 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Tammer in Philly

Post by Tammer in Philly »

Last photo is just fantastic. Well done, again.
m-racer

Post by m-racer »

Both fabulous and a shame the 911 only has 35K. You need to drive that pup, but given the value of low mile air cooled 911's, it must be hard to do that. I would not be able to stand the temptation.
cek

Post by cek »

Tammer in Philly wrote:Last photo is just fantastic. Well done, again.
Yea, it turned out great. I've been meaning to try to get this pic for a long time. Thanks.
m-racer wrote:Both fabulous and a shame the 911 only has 35K. You need to drive that pup, but given the value of low mile air cooled 911's, it must be hard to do that. I would not be able to stand the temptation.
At one point I felt bad about the fact I didn't drive it much. Then I decided I was going to have it forever, and that I liked the challenge of both driving it AND keeping it as pristine as possible. The fact that I have other cars I adore driving makes this easier. I try to drive it at least 2000 miles a year; I obviously don't always hit that goal.

The value of it is irrelevant; it's sunk cost, I'll never sell it, and it has always been irreplaceable to me. However, it is annoying that I seem to have to adjust the agreed value w/ Hagerty about every month these days. Now $60k!
m-racer

Post by m-racer »

cek wrote:
Tammer in Philly wrote:Last photo is just fantastic. Well done, again.
Yea, it turned out great. I've been meaning to try to get this pic for a long time. Thanks.
m-racer wrote:Both fabulous and a shame the 911 only has 35K. You need to drive that pup, but given the value of low mile air cooled 911's, it must be hard to do that. I would not be able to stand the temptation.
At one point I felt bad about the fact I didn't drive it much. Then I decided I was going to have it forever, and that I liked the challenge of both driving it AND keeping it as pristine as possible. The fact that I have other cars I adore driving makes this easier. I try to drive it at least 2000 miles a year; I obviously don't always hit that goal.

The value of it is irrelevant; it's sunk cost, I'll never sell it, and it has always been irreplaceable to me. However, it is annoying that I seem to have to adjust the agreed value w/ Hagerty about every month these days. Now $60k!
It is a beauty. It's a fundamental decision to be a driver or a collector...at least it was for me. Once I made that decision, I was much happier. I have never been connected enough to a car to say I would never sell it. I should never have sold the 71 2002 Alpina Ti. In retrospect, I was probably most connected to that car. It was wrecked by the teenage son of the idiot I sold it to. I did salvage it, so the mill and good bits are in storage. I have a rust free shell in storage as well, so may see if I can resurrect it at some point. If I do, that may be that car. We will see if I actually get to it before I am too old to wrench on it.
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

So you actually bought this M5, or you are just storing it for a new owner?
cek

Post by cek »

tschultz wrote:So you actually bought this M5, or you are just storing it for a new owner?
It really depends on how you define "actually bought".

I pulled the cash out of my bank account. I handed buyer cash. He handed me the title. I drove off and am in possession of the car and title.
leadphut

Post by leadphut »

cek wrote:
blue, red, and white.
fixed that for you. :roll:

you'll be a collector when you can display the colors of the German flag.

chop-chop!
cek

Post by cek »

leadphut wrote:
cek wrote:
blue, red, and white.
What order do the colors appear in this pic?

Asking for a friend.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

leadphut wrote: you'll be a collector when you can display the colors of the German flag.
LOL. I could actually do that though the gold would have to be Golf.
leadphut

Post by leadphut »

cek wrote:
leadphut wrote:
cek wrote:
blue, red, and white.

What order do the colors appear in this pic?

Asking for a friend.
Well, going left from right, I see blue, white red.

relax francis. you're too easy.
Last edited by leadphut on Oct 19, 2015 10:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.
LSXBeemer

Post by LSXBeemer »

That's a hell of a fleet!

Mine would be a mix of German, American White-Trash, and Japanese.
Evan

Post by Evan »

If you post anymore pictures like this Charlie, I am going to suggest our first gathering should be at your storage facility! I assume there is a house somewhere around there, lol! Beautiful collection, and I am kind of jealous of the M5 as I was considering it (it was recently on CL with a salvage title and REALLY high miles, right?). Your red car gives me something to shoot for, and I hope my red car will someday be able to stand in the same crowd as your red car!
davintosh

Post by davintosh »

Nice. :cool:
cek wrote:
tschultz wrote:So you actually bought this M5, or you are just storing it for a new owner?
It really depends on how you define "actually bought".

I pulled the cash out of my bank account. I handed buyer cash. He handed me the title. I drove off and am in possession of the car and title.
Sounds to me like there's more to the story. Maybe the question should be, do you know who the next owner is, and how long will the car remain in your possession? ;)
geordi

Post by geordi »

Lovely Charlie :clap:
maybeillbuyit

Post by maybeillbuyit »

I would like to point out( respectfully) That garage is too damn small for that fabulous fleet!
cek

Post by cek »

maybeillbuyit wrote:I would like to point out( respectfully) That garage is too damn small for that fabulous fleet!
Yes, I am having serious thoughts about finding a storage unit... I made the mistake of mentioning this to my wife. She was not amused.
bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

cek wrote:
maybeillbuyit wrote:I would like to point out( respectfully) That garage is too damn small for that fabulous fleet!
Yes, I am having serious thoughts about finding a storage unit... I made the mistake of mentioning this to my wife. She was not amused.

You have issues.
cek

Post by cek »

bkbimmer wrote:
cek wrote:

You have issues.
No shit, Sherlock. You JUST realized this?
leadphut

Post by leadphut »

cek wrote:
bkbimmer wrote:
cek wrote:

You have issues.
actually, we've known for some time. i once wondered why you're in denial...then i saw a squirrel.
cek

Post by cek »

leadphut wrote:
cek wrote:
bkbimmer wrote:
cek wrote:

You have issues.
actually, we've known for some time. i once wondered why you're in denial...then i saw a squirrel.
Nice, you're batting .500 today. Keep at it.
oldskool

Re: The Fleet (SFW)

Post by oldskool »

I have come to know that those are not your cars, and that you are forced to watch over them by an evil ogre.
bkbimmer

Post by bkbimmer »

cek wrote:
bkbimmer wrote:
cek wrote:

You have issues.
I don't know the exact date but you are in my thoughts and prayers.