BC Racing coilovers have arrived!

Post your photos and videos here!
BimmerSultan

Post by BimmerSultan »

Clongo's car at the AutoX for this years Vintage. He won his class by the way. Surely it was the susp setup! Ha.

Car seemed flat as my first girlfriends chest out on the course! Looked great bro.
charter21p5

Post by charter21p5 »

These look very nice! I have been searching the forum to see what others have installed. I think I might be done looking!
clongo

Post by clongo »

Nebraska_e28 wrote:clongo, do the front camber plates allow for adjustment back to stock specs in order to prevent wearing the inner side of the tire?
Yes. But running negative camber in the front will not cause inner tire wear if your alignment guy adjusts your toe correctly. I'm running -2 degrees in the front and -2.5 degrees in the rear with no issues.

Thanks for posting the pics Tim! 1st place in a group of 1! Haha! I had fun out there. Too bad the car couldn't get into any kind of power on that course. I need to install a oil cooler and bring her up to VIR. :evil:
righteousrags88

Post by righteousrags88 »

Im currently waiting on broadway static, a branch of Fortune Auto who specializes in low applications, to build me my coil overs for my e24. Pretty much best of the best from what I hear from people who are running them. Gonna have 22/20K rates using swift springs. They are made here in America and built to order and run $1650. Should be in sometime soon. Cant wait! So its another option for coilovers
Jelmer538i

Post by Jelmer538i »

I think this is best of the best for a E24/E28:

http://www.intraxracing.nl/merken/bmw/e ... s/bmw5643/

Adjustable damping and springrate, costs are around € 3500,-.
A friend of mine has it under his S62 powered E28 and it drives very, very good!
righteousrags88

I guess what i meant was best of the best for going the lowest and still retaining a comfortable ride and being quality made for that matter. Although i hear they do well being tracked also. Im not expert though and honestly dont know much about the tech side of it but I know Jaze at Broadway static will be more than happy to back their product up with dynos and answer any questions. http://www.broadwaystaticsuspension.com. I know some of you may not like it but if low is your thing then I think these guys are your best answer for the money. Wish I could read what that page says ha Not trying argue with you though, Im sure those coilovers are amazing
clongo

Post by clongo »

righteousrags88 wrote:I guess what i meant was best of the best for going the lowest and still retaining a comfortable ride and being quality made for that matter. Although i hear they do well being tracked also. Im not expert though and honestly dont know much about the tech side of it but I know Jaze at Broadway static will be more than happy to back their product up with dynos and answer any questions. http://www.broadwaystaticsuspension.com. I know some of you may not like it but if low is your thing then I think these guys are your best answer for the money. Wish I could read what that page says ha Not trying argue with you though, Im sure those coilovers are amazing
I almost went with the broadway static coilovers. Jaze was great to deal with and I have heard nothing but good things about their coilovers. Unfortunately they were a lot more expensive than what I paid for the BC racing coilovers, which is why I ended up going with them. As far as going low, the BC racing coilovers will put you as low as you would ever want to go. The length of the threaded strut tube is crazy. My friend has a set on his E28 and set the oil pan on the ground to see how low he could get it.
righteousrags88

Alot more expensive? $400 more which seems worth it to me since they're built in the US so its easier to get them rebuilt or revalved if needed be. Plus I spend alot of time on stanceworks, ya I know its not the best name around here ha, but everyone who runs them praises them so it seemed like a no brainer to me. But nonetheless I would've gone with BC's also if I didnt hear that Broadway was going to produce a set for the e28/e24 chassis. But from what Jaze told me they werent gonna produce vary many sets this years. They have the protype built so Im thinking I should have mine sometime soon. Tired of waiting though, my 6 has been sitting for 2 months now :(
clongo

Post by clongo »

righteousrags88 wrote:Alot more expensive? $400 more which seems worth it to me since they're built in the US so its easier to get them rebuilt or revalved if needed be. Plus I spend alot of time on stanceworks, ya I know its not the best name around here ha, but everyone who runs them praises them so it seemed like a no brainer to me. But nonetheless I would've gone with BC's also if I didnt hear that Broadway was going to produce a set for the e28/e24 chassis. But from what Jaze told me they werent gonna produce vary many sets this years. They have the protype built so Im thinking I should have mine sometime soon. Tired of waiting though, my 6 has been sitting for 2 months now :(
When I spoke with Jaze back in Feb about getting their kit, he was up front and said it would be at least 4-6 months until they were ready. I was not willing to wait that long since these were already available and I was daily driving my car.

Also, I paid much less than retail for mine. They used my car to get the initial measurements needed to make this kit 2 years ago. So yes, Broadway coilovers were MUCH more expensive than what I paid for my BC coilovers.
righteousrags88

Ah i see i see makes sense. Same here im getting mine cheaper than retail cause i sent them my rear coilover for measuresments and such so they gave me a good discount. Eitherway Cheers! :)
japai

Post by japai »

Ordered my set of BC's. They arrive on september 4th, so can't wait to get them install the following weekend :)
epearce

Post by epearce »

Hi guys,

I know a few people on here run BC coilovers in E28s. I fitted 1 rear BC BR coilover to mine today to test out heights. But i after winding them down till it bottoms out in the sleeve/housing they still sit heaps higher than they did with cutties, only just tucking tyre on stock rims.

Going off all the photos online, these should sit heaps lower surely?

Should i contact BC or is this as low as i should expect?

These are taken on there lowest setting...

There add shows them to go this low, no where near my height. What do people reckon?

Thanks heaps
Eden
shagrath

Post by shagrath »

I want!!!!!
Matt in SC

Post by Matt in SC »

I had the same problem recently. I contacted BC and they sent me shorter dampers after giving them my measurements. They still don't go as low as I would like but will do for now.
epearce wrote:Hi guys,

I know a few people on here run BC coilovers in E28s. I fitted 1 rear BC BR coilover to mine today to test out heights. But i after winding them down till it bottoms out in the sleeve/housing they still sit heaps higher than they did with cutties, only just tucking tyre on stock rims.

Going off all the photos online, these should sit heaps lower surely?

Should i contact BC or is this as low as i should expect?

These are taken on there lowest setting...

There add shows them to go this low, no where near my height. What do people reckon?

Thanks heaps
Eden
epearce

Post by epearce »

Interesting you had the same problem. Do they go as low as the add, how much lower than mine currently?
Matt in SC

Post by Matt in SC »

they do not go as low as they claim, at least from the looks of it. I would say with the new dampers they sent me, they were about an inch shorter, so not a noticable difference on the car in my opinion. I can try to get some pics later when I'm back at my home computer.
epearce wrote:Interesting you had the same problem. Do they go as low as the add, how much lower than mine currently?
epearce

Post by epearce »

Matt in SC wrote:they do not go as low as they claim, at least from the looks of it. I would say with the new dampers they sent me, they were about an inch shorter, so not a noticable difference on the car in my opinion. I can try to get some pics later when I'm back at my home computer.
epearce wrote:Interesting you had the same problem. Do they go as low as the add, how much lower than mine currently?
That would be much appreciated!

Annoying they don't go as low as they saw :(
ldsbeaker

Post by ldsbeaker »

epearce wrote: These are taken on there lowest setting...
Eden
Ummm correct me if I'm wrong... Your spring perch should be able to be spun down the threaded sleeve some more?? You've got the locking nut all the way down at the bottom of the threads...
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Post by mooseheadm5 »

It looks like the spring perch and the shock body length can be adjusted separately, which is not the most common way to make coilovers. In this case, I'm guessing that the shock body is already adjusted as short as it can get.
epearce

Post by epearce »

ldsbeaker wrote:
epearce wrote: These are taken on there lowest setting...
Eden
Ummm correct me if I'm wrong... Your spring perch should be able to be spun down the threaded sleeve some more?? You've got the locking nut all the way down at the bottom of the threads...
I shouldn't have to adjust preload to get them to the height shown. The preload is set to that for a reason, it won't do the shock any good if the spring can sit that much lower.

The lock collar is in the right spot, as i have said in all the other posts the shock body is wound to its lowest point.
epearce

Post by epearce »

mooseheadm5 wrote:It looks like the spring perch and the shock body length can be adjusted separately, which is not the most common way to make coilovers. In this case, I'm guessing that the shock body is already adjusted as short as it can get.
I thought it was the most common way? It certainly is from what i see.

Yes, shock body is at its lowest point. Lowering the spring perch isn't a very good way to lower a car.
mooseheadm5
Beamter
Beamter

Post by mooseheadm5 »

epearce wrote:Lowering the spring perch isn't a very good way to lower a car.
It is the single most common way to lower a car. It is how virtually every E28 coilover setup is made. Every lowering spring that is higher rate/shorter length does virtually the same thing as well.
It works just fine to do so, but you can get to the point where the spring loses contact with the seat near full droop or you can lower it to the point where the shock bottoms out before the spring, but that lower seat is adjustable for a reason.
demetk

Post by demetk »

epearce wrote:Yes, shock body is at its lowest point. Lowering the spring perch isn't a very good way to lower a car.
I'd explore the possibility of getting shorter shock inserts. Lowering via the spring perch just shortens your shock's piston travel if you start to get a noticeable gap between the spring and the top spring perch.
ahab

Post by ahab »

Seriously, a clapped out Bronzit ETA in an undriveable stance? That's their ad campaign? I'll pass. I'll bet you my lunch money they spun those spring perches all the way down to take that photo, ya' know, fer street cred with the kidz. Cuz that's what it's all about yo.

wkohler

Post by wkohler »

^ Well said.