BC Racing coilovers have arrived!

Post your photos and videos here!
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

They also have the best E28 radiators, too. I don't look down upon South Africa.
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

Just ordered my set from http://www.precision-sport.com. You do have to call to place your order and they are selling them for $999 shipped. Part number is "I-34". :alright:
clongo

Post by clongo »

UPDATE!

They are installed and drive great! I still have some tweaking to do on them but overall I am very happy with these coil overs. I will post pics tomorrow of them installed.

One note I will make is I have to run a 4mm spacer in the front. I am running 17x8.5 et13 wheels with 245-40's. If I were running 225's up front they should clear.

The struts are incredibly long. I initially left the coil overs at the height I received them and the car was practically on the ground. The car is now 1" higher than it was on my previous suspension setup and I still have 3" more to raise the car if desired.

I'm also really surprised at how much of a difference a few clicks on the adjustable makes a difference in the ride. I have them set 4 clicks from full soft currently. I tried setting them in the middle (16 clicks) and the ride was VERY firm. Tomorrow morning I plan on setting it to full stiff to see how they feel.
davidu

Post by davidu »

very cool , i just got my xyz coil overs in 2 days ago and cant wait to get them installed, maybe this weekend :D .
shagrath

Post by shagrath »

Pics!
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Can't wait to drive it! (thanks beforehand)
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

Moar pics, or do we have to wait till Vintage?
clongo

Post by clongo »

Sorry guys. Been a crazy weekend looking at houses. Ill try to post the pics this evening.
lateforlunch

Post by lateforlunch »

Looking forward to some pics! :up:
clongo

Post by clongo »

The day before I installed my coilovers I started getting this really odd plastic burning smell. At first I thought it was electrical. Fortunately it was just a plastic bag on the exhaust, lol.

My old front springs. So glad these are finally going in the trash!

Here is a shot of the rears installed.

My friend built a jig for the coilover sleeves to make sure they were in the exact same spot when he welded them together.

I hit them with some spray paint to prevent them from corrosion.

Everything lined up perfect and the reinstallation couldn't have been easier.

I haven't taken any pics of the car after install. I raised it up about 3/4" from where it was before. I may even go a little higher. i'm just waiting for the suspension to settle.
Coldswede
Location: Back U.P. North,. Where the water's blue, the wind is free and seasons four.

Post by Coldswede »

Nice job Chris! The coil overs look to be well designed and constructed. Keep us in the loop on how they do.
kingcheefsalot

Post by kingcheefsalot »

I have the same set of coilovers on my car and I have to say they are pretty decent haven't had any problems with them so far and I've had them for awhile now. I got them pretty cheap and they were one of the first prototypes they had made I got them off a guy who had worked at BC racing the only problem I've had is that they go so low that I've cracked my oil pan twice now but hey it happens.
jrcanes55

Post by jrcanes55 »

Just ordered my set. So excited to get them. I'm so tired of cut springs.
Niterider03

Post by Niterider03 »

How's the the height adjust ability on them? Can you adjust both the spring preload as well as the actual strut insert?
clongo

Post by clongo »

The height adjustability is great. You can raise it to stock height or lower it until the lower control arms hit the ground.

You can adjust spring pre load separately from ride height.

After driving on them for a few days I can say I am very pleased with the ride quality. No noises, nice firm ride, and the car handles great. I couldn't be happier with my purchase!
BimmerSultan

Post by BimmerSultan »

oldskool wrote:Can't wait to drive it! (thanks beforehand)
Love it.... :laugh:
6h0st

bc racing

Post by 6h0st »

trying to order them and there saying they dont have them....
clongo

Post by clongo »

Call and ask for Chelsea Denofa. These are new and not in stock yet so the person you spoke with may not know they are available for order.
Niterider03

Post by Niterider03 »

clongo wrote:The height adjustability is great. You can raise it to stock height or lower it until the lower control arms hit the ground.

You can adjust spring pre load separately from ride height.

After driving on them for a few days I can say I am very pleased with the ride quality. No noises, nice firm ride, and the car handles great. I couldn't be happier with my purchase!
That sounds awesome. I'll definitely be considering these once I'm ready to make a coilover purchase. Thank you for your review, info, and pics! :D
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

Mine can't get here fast enough, having to drive the Honda is killing me....
6h0st

Post by 6h0st »

woo hoo ordered my set but its going to take atleast a month:(
Fuel

Post by Fuel »

beware

Post by beware »

^^^^So I spoke to Sean at PSI(Precision Sport Industries, as recommended by Fuel's link above) about getting some of the BC's sent to Australia. We emailed back and forth a few times and he was extremely helpful and I wouldn't have hesitated ordering them from him and highly recommend him and PSI, but unfortunately he can't supply me as I have to go through the Australian distributor(which is fair enough I guess).

So I'll be ordering my set locally on Monday!! :)
winfred

Post by winfred »

finally got the replacement for the broken one on the e39 m5 at the shop, snapped a couple shots and discovered why it broke, they made it out of a drinking straw, the adjusting rod kills a good bit of of what little metal that is there
splat

i knew the springs settled a good bit but it really shows up with a fresh one on one side with the preload and height set the same, it probably lost 1/2 - 3/4 of a inch of ride height. i had strongly suggested a couple weeks or so before he busted the strut that he find some decent springs as they seemed to really suck
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

clongo, do the front camber plates allow for adjustment back to stock specs in order to prevent wearing the inner side of the tire?