Yoda - BMW 520i 1985

Post your photos and videos here!
eighty

Yoda - BMW 520i 1985

Post by eighty »

Glad to be part of this community who shares a similar desire to do bad financial decisions like fixing old cars for no rational reason.

Have been sneaking around in this forum for a while and finally, having bought my own E28, I felt it would be nice to share my story. E28 has always had a special place in my heart for some reason and I have been thinking/dreaming about having one for many many years. Seeing how prices are going up and they are becoming rarer, I thought it is now or never.

During Christmas time, decision was made that I am going to buy myself an E28. I am located in Estonia and naturally, I checked what is offered here. Well, something but nothing really. Liking original condition, I was looking for something that is originally complete and hasn´t had any “tunings” or some other modifications done with it. Finally, found one in Belgium and luckily my friend lived nearby who was willing to check it out before buying. All good – so, I arranged the transport and in the end of January, I greeted my new family member in wintery Estonia.

Please meet Yoda, as I gently call it. Car is from 1985 and it´s a 520i in Platanengrün color. When I got it, it drove quite decently, even though you could feel that it has been neglected maintenance-wise and needs a lot of love to get into good condition. But overall, nothing impossible or terrible, so I was very pleased with that. Noticed some common issues like high idle, speedometer not working and so on.

My plan with this car is to do a little deeper maintenance on the engine and during this summer to just drive it and see what are the main issues and where should I start. In the longer run, I want to replace all things that need replacing and keep it as original as possible and enjoy it. :cool:
dsw99a

Re: Yoda - BMW 520i 1985

Post by dsw99a »

Wellkum!!

Very nice acquisition :clap:
Shawn D.
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Shawn D. »

Welcome! I see this is your first post. Please read and heed the Forum and Tech FAQ sections.

I look forward to seeing your progress!
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

Welcome to the board!

Looks like you have a solid base to start from.