Complete Turbo Kits by Model - I wonder

Discussion pertaining to positive pressure E28s.
matreyia

Complete Turbo Kits by Model - I wonder

Post by matreyia »

Hey Everyone, so I been searching on Google and in this forum about everything needed to complete a 528e turbo install and I can't seem to find any one place that has everything needed. I wonder if there are such comprehensive instructions on each model that exist in a single post from anyone.
There's just no way to read through thousands of posts and comments... I tried for months now and the only direct information I got was from TurboDan and I'm still missing things like:

How to set up the air plumbing.
Is there oil cooler setup?
BOV model.
air filter setup.
tuning resources.

Are there posts that exist which have in one place a summary of all the things or am I just out of luck and have to keep reading until this puzzle is solved? I'm sure there has to be somebody that has documented his successful turbo journey in complete detail. Unfortunately doing a search for "528e turbo kit/install/instructions/diy" yields discouraging results.

If I ever get to finish successfully a turbo install with tuning for this 528e, you can bet I will make a video documenting the process for future enthusiasts and post a comprehesive summary in a single post with all the do's and don'ts for the 528e 1988 model.

Anyway, I suppose I will keep on trying to find the pertinent information for the 528e turbo install in this forum and on youtube.
Just an idea is all...
tschultz

Re: Complete Turbo Kits by Model - I wonder

Post by tschultz »

Have you considered reading Corky Bell's Maximum Boost book?

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/04/maximum_boost.pdf
matreyia

Post by matreyia »

I have worked with turbo systems before. I installed and got my e93 tuned with a stage 2 Pure Turbo. I was really specifically talking about a single page with diy information on the 528e m20 engine in particular. There appears to be no such page. Some questions would be where to buy piping for intake amd BOV model recommendations, who to contact for tuning the ecu, intercooler model recommendations and installation tips… you know… that kind of specific information related to the 528e.
Nebraska_e28
Beamter
Beamter

Post by Nebraska_e28 »

I've never seen a single m20 'be all' type of page for what you are wanting. You'll likely have to scour here & some of the e30 boards to piece things together. HTH!
matreyia

Post by matreyia »

I am continuing my journey and still scouring. I found a couple of companies that sell the whole kit plus they also do the tuning. But I have to call them to verify first before posting here.
Dirtym30

Post by Dirtym30 »

I started to piece my own kit together due to availability.