M30 Turbo No Start

Discussion pertaining to positive pressure E28s.
e38740imd

M30 Turbo No Start

Post by e38740imd »

Good Afternoon Guys.
I have a no start situation and need some Guidance.

1990 535i
M30
Mspnp2

Car was working and running fine. Been driving for a while for trial testing to take to the tuner. And take to places to do things like replace windshields etc.

I got a tune to upload. I uploaded it and now I have a no start. I did save the base map with corrections before loading tune. Loaded old tune and still no start. I then used the base map given from Diyautotune and still no start.
The car cranks, gets a small sign it will fire Nd then continues to cranks.
I confirmed I have spark. Took a spark plug and connected right to the coil (msd blast 3) using the oem plug wires. Cranked and sparked. So coil is working fine.

Fuel rail pressure is at 32psi with ignition on. (When it was running it was 50psi at idle).
Crank position sensor i tested pins 1&2 and got 497 ohms. Bently says it should be at 540 ohms with a 10 percent tolerance.
Tunerstudio settings looks to be what they should be. So I'm not sure one what direction I should be looking into. I am able to connect to my ecu no problem.

What do you guys suggest I look at? Making sure injectors are firing? Is there a test in the ecu to do this like spark? i do smell the gas like after a while of cranking

what i think it is bad ground to spark the plugs in the head or something weird.

whats your thoughts