Head upgrade advice

Discussion pertaining to positive pressure E28s.
5timesturbo

Head upgrade advice

Post by 5timesturbo »

I have a leak in my system so I've decided to take the headoof and do it "right" . I'm gonna use metal head gasket and rap head bolts and I want to know some other upgrades I can make to my turbo m30's head that will give me some gains. I've looked into cam shafts and from what I read it seems I'm best not bothering the cam..... Any advise or pointers will be appreciated....as long as it gives me gains and doesn't require me going into the block right now. I'm running 10 -12lbs and stick management.
Shadow

Re: Head upgrade advice

Post by Shadow »

Get a cam and springs maybe bigger valves.
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

Since I needed a new cam anyway, I decided to do the B35 cam for a bit different power curve. According to TCD it really doesn't change the acceleration.

I wanted to do bigger exhaust valves, but my head guy wasn't comfortable with the oversize valves in the B34 head. Instead, we just did a 3 angle valve grind and valve guide replacement. I did ARP head studs with stock Elring gasket.

Otherwise, you could spend $$ and get a catcams turbo cam...

How much do you want to spend?
T_C_D

Post by T_C_D »

b34 cam is best for mpg, drivability and acceleration up to about 400rwhp. A simple upgrade is the b35 double valve springs.
5timesturbo

Post by 5timesturbo »

Thanks for the pointers.