Vac pressure objects and what do we do with them??????

Discussion pertaining to positive pressure E28s.
5timesturbo

Vac pressure objects and what do we do with them??????

Post by 5timesturbo »

I'm at the point of my turbo build where I need to install my charge pipes. What and where do I place these lines...
George

Re: Vac pressure objects and what do we do with them??????

Post by George »

The FPR, blowoff valve and MAP sensor (if using one) should all be sourced after the throttle. I use the stock nipple at the bottom of the intake manifold. I zip tie all small hoses and use hose clamps on all piping.

My wastegate is also sourced from the intake manifold but I'm using a braided line from the manifold directly to the top of the wastegate. I'm not currently using a boost controller. If using a boost controller you will mostly like need to use rubber or silicone hose.

HTH
5timesturbo

Post by 5timesturbo »

5timesturbo wrote:I'm at the point of my turbo build where I need to install my charge pipes. What and where do I place these lines...
I was literally falling asleep last night when I made this post....so my question did not come off accurately. What I'm asking is hoses that are connected to the stock intake hose, hose to the valve cover and a few other hoses connected to provide vac air pressure to the system.....which ones do I delete and which ones do I reroute and where?? Biggest concern,,,,the check valve connected to thintake pipe that has a vacuum line to the coolant temp sensor......what should I do with them??
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

I think you are referencing emissions stuff for charcoal cannister. I removed mine and left the green sensor without vacuum lines.
George

Post by George »

To echo Tom's comment, I no longer have a charcoal canister either. I removed it mainly for the extra space.

The valve cover breather hose can be dumped to atmosphere(with a sufficiently long hose) or can be run to the intake piping ahead of the turbo. Depending on the health of the engine you may or may not need a catch can.
5timesturbo

Post by 5timesturbo »

George wrote:To echo Tom's comment, I no longer have a charcoal canister either. I removed it mainly for the extra space.

The valve cover breather hose can be dumped to atmosphere(with a sufficiently long hose) or can be run to the intake piping ahead of the turbo. Depending on the health of the engine you may or may not need a catch can.
I see....thank you for the information. Basically I can delete everything. Did ya.ll delete the vacuum line underneath the throttle body with the check valve on it?
George

Post by George »

The B35 doesn't have that port on the throttle. Where does it lead to?
5timesturbo

Post by 5timesturbo »

George wrote:The B35 doesn't have that port on the throttle. Where does it lead to?
I have the b34. There is a a vacuum line under the throttle body that has a check valve and goes to the a temp sensor near the water pump housing
demetk

Post by demetk »

Not sure why you even need to do anything about the purge system. The big vacuum solenoid valve on the intake boot only opens under vacuum so having boost pressure act on it will just keep it closed. And having the purge system work in NA conditions is a good thing.
George

Post by George »

Isn't the solenoid controlled by the ECU? I.e. if you go to standalone it's not doing anything anymore.

Edit, I mean controlled by the factory Bosch ECU.
5timesturbo

Post by 5timesturbo »

demetk wrote:Not sure why you even need to do anything about the purge system. The big vacuum solenoid valve on the intake boot only opens under vacuum so having boost pressure act on it will just keep it closed. And having the purge system work in NA conditions is a good thing.
Thank you for the clarification....I also would like to know what should be done about the orifices above the cold start valve.I know I can put a vacuum filter on top of vent for the valve cover but I'm not sure what to with the vent above ther cold start valve.
demetk

Post by demetk »

Post a pic of those orifices you're talking about.
5timesturbo

Post by 5timesturbo »

[quote="demetk"]Post a pic of those orifices you're talking about.[/quote

Is this hole here at the bottom underneath the throttle body the pipe I believe goes to the icv.....I'm Being dumb..... :? As I'm typing it in I remember it goes to the icv so I stays..... however I have another question.... the harness won't reach my MAF sensor now that I moved it....is extending the wires as easy as I think it is?? Is it just a matter of getting 12 gauge wire and extending the wires to extend the plug length. By the way here is the hole....sorry for wasting anyone brainscell because I wasn't using mine....lol

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jEqFF236ABjvDrPu5
tschultz

Post by tschultz »

Just run some jumper wires, verify it works and then decide if you want to extend your harness, make an adapter, or something else.