"e28" M535i locations and information

Specific conversations and info for the BMW E28 M5 and M535i.
SPF2006

Re: "e28" M535i locations and information

Post by SPF2006 »

dsmith wrote:I purchased an M535i from gray635 recently. It is interesting, since it has power seats and a 3.07 diff with an OD transmission. Dare I say that this car might actually be the keeper for me. Unique, non-S38, favorite color combo (Alpine White/Cardinal).

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=16068
That is an exceptionally lovely car.
wkohler

Post by wkohler »

I know that car pretty well.
gray635

Post by gray635 »

^^^^ You certainly do! Another car on a short list of cars that I'll probably regret selling one of these days. :laugh: My favorite color combo as well.
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Chris and Mike spent a good chunk of time and money giving this car a new lease on life. Driving it home, I covered the front with a hood bra and painters tape, lest it get a rock chip! It worked.
MicahO

Post by MicahO »

dsmith wrote:I purchased an M535i from gray635 recently. It is interesting, since it has power seats and a 3.07 diff with an OD transmission. Dare I say that this car might actually be the keeper for me. Unique, non-S38, favorite color combo (Alpine White/Cardinal).

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=16068
Well-bought Dave! That's a hell of a car. I'm glad it's staying local (to the forum).
Emrah1990

Post by Emrah1990 »

Good evening everyone ,

my english isnt the best iam from Germany. Please add me also to the list. Maybe i will sell the car.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=16316
mdeweirdt

Post by mdeweirdt »

I have a 1985 M535i (euro market car brought in to US from Germany same year it was built) and I'm almost done with making it perfect. I need some help to finish:

The air conditioning condenser has a hole in it and no one stocks the part. Also junk yard hunting with no results. Any suggestions?

I want to add the correct rear spoiler. These are hard to find. What is the model #?

I have a rear M badge purchased through Bav Auto, but it looks like these cars might have had an oversized M back then? The pic in the previous post of the silver car (nice example!) seemed to suggest a little larger ///M, that I'm used to. Just perspective?

Car was pin striped. Keep it or make it look just like the Norev model? :D

Thanks in advance!

Mark
stuartinmn

Post by stuartinmn »

mdeweirdt wrote:The air conditioning condenser has a hole in it and no one stocks the part. Also junk yard hunting with no results. Any suggestions?
Is it a factory a/c car, or does it have the Diavia aftermarket air conditioning? Euro cars often didn't have the factory air conditioning so it was added later.
mdeweirdt wrote:I want to add the correct rear spoiler. These are hard to find. What is the model #?
It's the same spoiler used on the M5 and 535is. You can see the part numbers for the components here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=41_0782 I haven't checked but I doubt you can buy them new anymore. They show up in the classified ads here from time to time, here's one: http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=147959
mdeweirdt wrote:I have a rear M badge purchased through Bav Auto, but it looks like these cars might have had an oversized M back then? The pic in the previous post of the silver car (nice example!) seemed to suggest a little larger ///M, that I'm used to. Just perspective?
The ///M wasn't oversized, it was the same thing used on an M5 just without the 5. There's a thread somewhere here on the board that shows the placement of the ///M on the trunk lid if you need the dimensions - you can probably find it with the search function.
mdeweirdt wrote:Car was pin striped. Keep it or make it look just like the Norev model? :D
Personal preference. :) When I had my M535i restored I left it off.
E28makaveli

Post by E28makaveli »

9. Klaus 1985 (5/85) M535I DC71,Arktisblau/Biege, "dirty motor", Austin Texas. Was imported from Germany to Canada and now in Texas.
A Stig

Post by A Stig »

Stig - Blue Mountains - NSW - Australia

1986 M535i DC52 Australian Delivered low KM in 181 Diamantschwarz with black interior with dogleg box and a 3.46 LSD

In 'good' condition but on way to being great now that I own her and will be fixing a few minor issues.