Invitation to join M Gruppe

Specific conversations and info for the BMW E28 M5 and M535i.
heathM635

Invitation to join M Gruppe

Post by heathM635 »

Hello all M535 and M5 owners!

I'm posting to let you know about and invite you to join M Gruppe (mgruppe.org):

Who We Are:
The largest, most structured and most passionate BMW M-exclusive enthusiast organization in the world.

Our Vision:
To become the enthusiast car club of choice for all BMW M owners worldwide.

Our Values:
Integrity, loyalty to the BMW M brand, mutual respect, knowledge sharing.

Our Mission:
Strengthen BMW M loyalty through improved knowledge of the brand and its product (heritage and modern ones)
Retain + Bring new enthusiasts to the BMW M brand through unique incentives and a strong community feel
Follow a “Quality over Quantity” approach in support of the brand’s exclusivity
Establish long term relationships with BMW entities aiming at creating value through customer loyalty and partner support within the M Gruppe community

What We Do:
Drives and social meets
Technical sessions
Active social media
Performance driving training (US and Germany)
Access to unique BMW M and BMW-related events
Special offers and discounts by BMW partner dealerships and other carefully selected partners

Membership is free! Why? Because BMW M folks are emotional about the brand and their cars, and we believe we pay our membership fee when we buy these awesome machines!

In addition, we have recently formed a subgroup called M Gruppe Heritage for chassis codes up to e46. We have very few e12 and e28's so I'm posting here in hopes we can increase our membership! All you need is your VIN to apply here: https://www.mgruppe.org/membership

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Heath Erickson
cek

Re: Invitation to join M Gruppe

Post by cek »

heathM635 wrote: Nov 05, 2020 12:51 PM Hello all M535 and M5 owners!

I'm posting to let you know about and invite you to join M Gruppe (mgruppe.org):

Who We Are:
The largest, most structured and most passionate BMW M-exclusive enthusiast organization in the world.

Our Vision:
To become the enthusiast car club of choice for all BMW M owners worldwide.

Our Values:
Integrity, loyalty to the BMW M brand, mutual respect, knowledge sharing.

Our Mission:
Strengthen BMW M loyalty through improved knowledge of the brand and its product (heritage and modern ones)
Retain + Bring new enthusiasts to the BMW M brand through unique incentives and a strong community feel
Follow a “Quality over Quantity” approach in support of the brand’s exclusivity
Establish long term relationships with BMW entities aiming at creating value through customer loyalty and partner support within the M Gruppe community

What We Do:
Drives and social meets
Technical sessions
Active social media
Performance driving training (US and Germany)
Access to unique BMW M and BMW-related events
Special offers and discounts by BMW partner dealerships and other carefully selected partners

Membership is free! Why? Because BMW M folks are emotional about the brand and their cars, and we believe we pay our membership fee when we buy these awesome machines!

In addition, we have recently formed a subgroup called M Gruppe Heritage for chassis codes up to e46. We have very few e12 and e28's so I'm posting here in hopes we can increase our membership! All you need is your VIN to apply here: https://www.mgruppe.org/membership

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
Heath Erickson

The above is so full of holes, it's ridiculous. BMW can't even tell you whether a car is an M car or not.

According to these rules the E28 M535i is NOT am M car. Tell me I'm wrong and why.

According to these rules the 1995 540i M-Sport is NOT an M car. Tell me I'm wrong and why.

This is Bullshit:
The site identifies "Partners" as "our partner dealerships so they can identify our members when they want to take advantage of our discounts."

By all reasonable definitions a "Partner dealership" is a 3P. UNLESS, MGruppe is actually built by Dealerships and thus the whole part about "The M Gruppe does not profit from this practice,which is solely intended as a showcase of members' cars and club activities." is a lie.

You should have your (very obviously poorly paid) lawyers double check on GDPR, because I'm pretty confident your terms and rules violates GDPR.

Gatekeeping is dickish. Whether a person currently owns a "real M car" (which has NEVER been clearly articulated by BMW) has nothing to do with that persons passion, interested, or ability to positively contribute to a community.

Good luck with this farce.
1st 5er

Post by 1st 5er »

:haul:
Pavel

Post by Pavel »

Thanks for the invite. Most of the Houston E28/E34 M5 owners know the M Gruppe very well.

Tell Adriana we send warm regards, from the TexFest folks.

Nanajoth

Post by Nanajoth »

cek wrote: Nov 05, 2020 1:29 PM
According to these rules the E28 M535i is NOT am M car. Tell me I'm wrong and why.

According to these rules the 1995 540i M-Sport is NOT an M car. Tell me I'm wrong and why.
I'm guessing it has to do with the engines not being M engines. Either way swearing my loyalty to the M brand sounds pretty corny.
BMWCCA2

Post by BMWCCA2 »

:popcorn:

By the old definition of battery in back, four tail-pipes, my 1964 700S Convertible with Ansa exhaust is an M-car.

Obviously the only BMW I own that came from the factory with "M" logos is not welcome, that being my '13 128i M-sport 6sp. But that's okay with me since Uncle Groucho always said he'd never want to join a club that would have him as a member. Can't wait until the X5 is out-of-production and their bylaws start accepting X5Ms and X6Ms. They'll truly deserve each other then.