Anyone parting an early (pre 85’ ) car?

Buy, sell, or trade parts.
ilovemycat

Anyone parting an early (pre 85’ ) car?

Post by ilovemycat »

I’m looking for these https://www.ebay.ca/itm/333371751406?mk ... media=COPY

They are the front air ducts that go behind the valance. I believe any car with the 1982-1984 style front valance should have them.

Just hoping to find a set in north america to save some shipping monies. I’m in victoria , BC , canada. Thanks , Nick
Joey28

Re: Anyone parting an early (pre 85’ ) car?

Post by Joey28 »

Hey, I have an 83 and I thought the same thing, even looked at those same parts, but after poking through Realoem I don't think we do have them. Our early cars are sort of pre-facelift. Unless somebody replaced the front fascia with the new style that superseded the original. It seems like only the new style fascia uses the ducts. Which is def a bummer... And early cars have a metal fascia, whereas I think the later cars have plastic.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
ilovemycat

Post by ilovemycat »

The new valance does not use the ducts , it has no holes cut out for them. My car came with the late valance when i bought it and it had no ducts. I believe thats what the cut outs next to the tow hooks are for on the early cars.
Grande Royal

Post by Grande Royal »

Contact the seller, he is a board member and is very knowledgeable on the parts he sells. Especially with what came on what cars, euro/NA cars. Bought many euro items from him in the past. Also, his staff was quite helpful. Joel
Joey28

Post by Joey28 »

Yeah I'd be interested to know too. I have the older euro apron with the lip on the bottom. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-eur ... 331925003/ It has spots where the ducts look like they would go, but
I can't see how any ducts attach to it, though I'd love to fit a set and make the holes functional.
ilovemycat

Post by ilovemycat »

It looks like you can get a set new from the dealer for close to what that ebay listing is after shipping. I’ll give them a call today and inquire.